cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LPC18xx SSP0 peripheral reading only high

michael_tao
Contributor I

Hi all, 

I'm currently working with the SSP0 peripheral on a LPC1857 and a LPC1837. On both chips, I've not been able to get the MISO line to read anything besides a high value (255) no matter what is written to the line. I am able to read the correct values however when the loopback is enabled or when I use the SSP1 peripheral. I've tried getting the receive data through the DMA peripheral as well with similar results. As far as I can tell, the receive FIFO is only ever receiving a value of 255. Here are a few things I've tried:

• Examining the SSP0 CR0 register to see if it is set up correctly 
  • Examining the SCU configuration register for the MISO pin to make sure it is on the correct function
  • Switching the MISO pin to multiple different pins using the SCU

All the other lines (MOSI, CLK, SS) work as expected. 

I have attached an example program I have written to demonstrate the misbehavior, the program simply sends 1 byte with value 100 over SPI and reads 1 byte. If you tie the MISO and MOSI lines together, one would expect a byte of 100 to be read. However, this only works with SSP1; SSP0 shows that the value 255 has been read. If you enable the loopback on SSP0 however, it works as expected and you read a value of 100. 

Any help would be appreciated, thanks!

Labels (2)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

michael_tao
Contributor I

Update: I've figured out the problem (after posting the question naturally). Turns out PF_2 was at some point being set to function 2 which is also SSP0_MISO. I'm not sure where this is happening as it's not in any of the BSP code or my code, but after setting PF_2 to the default func 0, SSP0_MISO now works on my desired pin setup. 

0 Kudos

bernhardfink
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Yep, also described here in this thread:  https://community.nxp.com/thread/462334 

If you don't do anything on the pin configuration, maybe the BootROM code configures this pin.

Regards,

Bernhard.

0 Kudos