How to allocate RT1060 code falsh and board_sdram in MCUX presso IDE?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to allocate RT1060 code falsh and board_sdram in MCUX presso IDE?

Contributor I

I am transplanting the driver and application of the network port routine (routine: evkmimxrt1060_wiced_iperf_4343W) in the wifi routine (routine: evkmimxrt1060_lwip_dhcp_freertos). After the port driver is transplanted, I found the problem in the process of editing the application code as shown in the figure.

图1.png

Then I looked at the memory configuration of the wifi routine, as shown below.

图二.png

References to other memory configuration routines are shown below.

pastedImage_3.png

pastedImage_4.png

Finally, compilation and burning, found that the program did not execute, not even print.

What I want to ask is:

1. Is the configuration above correct?

2. How to configure a common memory to ensure that there is enough code space?

3. I want to port the network port and wifi into the same routine, how should I choose the routine?Any notes.

Looking forward to your reply.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
7 Replies

kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi zhao yang ,

Do you now want to copy the code in the SDRAM?

If yes, please select the link application to RAM, the noncacheable area, please select the ITCM.

You also need to define symbols:

XIP_BOOT_HEADER_DCD_ENABLE=1

Wish it helps you!

Have a great day,
Kerry

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

Contributor I

Hi Kerry Zhou

I don't quite understand what you said, actually the following is what I want to express.

I want to transplant lwip, wifi, emwim, fatfs,i2c and other drivers into a project, and then carry out application development. I find that the compiled code is too large, and the memory configuration of project memory is not reasonable. Can you provide a reasonable allocation of flash and ram to ensure that my transplanted driver and developed application will not make mistakes in the process of compilation and running?

As you said, I want to put the code in borad_sdram, but I don't know how to configure the address and size of arm.

req.png

0 Kudos

kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi zhao yang,

Please refer to the following post, you will find some document and the script which can support the SDRAM.

Overview of using the MIMXRT1050-EVK(B) with MCUXpresso IDE 

Wish it helps you!

Have a great day,
Kerry

Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

0 Kudos

Contributor I

Hi kerry zhou,

I have read the link document you sent, but I haven't found the method yet.I wonder what's the difference between these two memory allocations?I know add flash and add ram to configure, but after compiling and burning, I found that the program did not run, how to properly configure figure 1 into figure 2 through some configuration?I am through the qspi burn program.The configuration in figure 2 meets my needs, but I don't know how to set it up properly.

Can you give me some advice?

figure 1

one.png

figure 2 

two.png

0 Kudos

kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi zhao yang

how to properly configure figure 1 into figure 2 through some configuration?

Answer: this is very simple,

pastedImage_1.png

Just move the related sdram item up, if you don't have it, you can click Add RAM to add it, then move it up like figure 2 position.

Wish it helps you!

Have a great day,
Kerry

Note:

0 Kudos

Contributor I

HI kerry Zhou,

i know it's very simple,but i do the same with you ,the application burns to the evk_borad,it doesn't work,the original print did not print.

i find all example  to match and add some configure ,the result is same.

• There is no universal configuration that must be guaranteed to work?  I want to configure all the examples as figure 2 .I need your meticulous help.

0 Kudos

kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi zhao yang,

Do you also check this link:

https://community.nxp.com/docs/DOC-340655 

BTW, if you still have problems, could you also enable this defined symbols?

SDRAM_IS_SHAREABLE

In fact, the SDK IAR and MDK project all contains the SDRAM code, do you try the related IDE, and modify your code to the IAR or MDK, and select the SDRAM download method?

Any updated information, please kindly let me know.

Best Regards,

kerry

0 Kudos