cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IMX8QM MEK u-boot logo

truonghuy
Contributor II

Dear NXP,

I'm running android 9 automotive on imx8qm mek board. In my project, I need to display a logo in u-boot. How can I do it, and keep the logo untill android bootanimation start?

Thanks.

6 Replies

sgoonetilleke
Contributor II

Hello  @Truong Huy

How did you get the bmp display command to work.  Did you apply any code patches or change any source code in uboot?

I am not able to get  bmp display command to work. 

Could you please send me some details as to what you did to get it to display. It would be greatly appreciated.

0 Kudos

jinchen1227
Contributor II

Use setenv command in uboot :"setenv panel IT6263", this work for me to use bmp display command.

0 Kudos

truonghuy
Contributor II

Edit: The image does show when I use command: bmp display <address>

But I don't know how to keep the logo after kernel starting

0 Kudos

diegoadrian
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

Unfortunately, the board that you are using is not still supported since is not officially released yet. However, keeping the booting logo in the newest Android released is no supported. We do have some patches for old Linux and Android releases. You can look at them and try to implement the patches on your own.

https://community.nxp.com/docs/DOC-98109 

Best regards,

Diego.

0 Kudos

FredTsai
Contributor I

Hello

This patch must use IPU. IPU configuration is not seen in IMX8QM, only ISI.

Can this patch be used?

Thanks

0 Kudos

diegoadrian
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Unfortunately, not as it is. For the same reason that the i.MX8QM does not have an IPU. However, this is the most accurate approach that we have for the moment and according to some previous comments from the developer of the patch, there are no recent future plans to port it on the i.MX8 family chip processors. You can take the patches and use them as a reference. Or you could go with professional service support. They could help you in the developing of a patch that could support the modification of the booting logo. 

Professional Support for Processors and Microcontrollers | NXP 

I apologize for the inconvenient this may give you.

Best regards,

Diego.

0 Kudos