cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LPC55S69: redundant image support

EugeneHiihtaja
Senior Contributor I

Hello !

in AN12278 4.6 Secure Remote Firmware Update is metioned: "as well as redundant image support (fall back image)."

Could you provide more info how it is supported ?

Regards,

Eugene

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies

ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi

The concept of "redundant image support (fall back image)" referred in this section is the mechanism of secure boot processes fall back image as it talked in this section -- "image revocation – that is, the method of not allowing new updates to be applied unless they are of a specific version. This is the basis for roll back protection."

Have a great day,
Jun Zhang

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

0 Kudos

EugeneHiihtaja
Senior Contributor I

Hi Jun Zhang !

Rollback protection is clear mechanism.

But how in works in LPC55X romcode.

If I send SB file with lower version, it will be rejected without erasing of current working image image ?

By the way, it is exist document MCU Bootloader v2.5.0 Reference Manual about bootloader internals and commands

but it is issued in 2018 and no any details about LPC55X.

Do you have updated version already ?

Could you please and comment in more details this answer :

LPC55S69 : limited ISP comands are allowed ? 

"According to our local test, erase/read/write/receive-sb-file,etc ISP commands are supported after secure boot enabled."

Can you confirm if enabled Secure boot  are not limit any limitation for ISP commands and all of them  what mentioned in blhost v5.0 doc.

are supported.

Regards,

Eugene

0 Kudos

ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Eugene Hiihtaja

Yes, if update SB file with lower version, it will be rejected without erasing of current working image.

The newer version of AN12283 is in internal review. It should be published in one month.

>>if enabled Secure boot  are not limit any limitation for ISP commands and all of them  what mentioned in blhost v5.0 doc.

This issue has been escalated, I am waiting for the response internally.

Have a great day,
Jun Zhang

Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

0 Kudos

EugeneHiihtaja
Senior Contributor I

Hi Jun Zhang !

Thank you !

And we talking about 1B revision of Romcode ?

Please keep me updated with Secureboot issues.

Regards,

Eugene

0 Kudos

ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Eugene,

yes, new version includes 1B version related description, but I don't know how deep it will be.

I will keep you update.

Jun Zhang

0 Kudos