cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pin status when S32K shutdown

kemingkai
Contributor III

Hi NXP Engineer:

In my design,MCU powers off earlier than power.Before MCU shutdown i will Pull PTC3 high,but if i shutdown the mcu,and then turn off the power the led will Flash once times。that mean it was low。

How to check the status of IO (pull-up, pull-down, floating) under power-off?Configure the output attributes of the IO port so that the hardware connection cannot be changed(We are as PWM output).

The pins are as follows:pastedImage_1.png

Circuit design as shown:

pastedImage_2.png

pastedImage_3.png

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
7 Replies

jiri_kral
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi, 

if I understand it correctly - you like to use pull up for a while without MCU Power? I'm afraid that this is not possible. You need to use external resistor for that.

Jiri 

0 Kudos

kemingkai
Contributor III

It is not necessary to use the pull-up function when the MCU is powered down. It is not clear what the state of the IO is when the MCU is powered off, because the datasheet does not describe this.

0 Kudos

jiri_kral
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi, 

So, without power there is no pull up/pull down functionality. So, external resistor can solve your issue. 

Jiri

0 Kudos

kemingkai
Contributor III

When the MCU is powered off, is it in a floating state or an open-drain output state? Is there a corresponding document description?

0 Kudos

jiri_kral
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

you can find more details in this application note: 

https://www.nxp.com/docs/en/application-note/AN12130.pdf 

pastedImage_1.png

Jiri

0 Kudos

kemingkai
Contributor III

if I understand it correctly,applying voltages to I/O pins when the processor is not powered is not allowed.Regardless of whether the state is input or output.

0 Kudos

jiri_kral
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Yes, you are right.