cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MIMXRT1064 EVK combined with LPC-link 2 / DAP

tamir_michael
Contributor IV

Hi,

I am trying to debug a MIMXRT1064 EVK with a LPC-link 2, using SDK 2.6.1 and MCUXpresso v11.0.1.

However, connection to the target fails (see below), while the PC side (Linux system in this case) did not change compared to the successful debug attempts using the internal DAP link on the board. The computer sees the LPC-link 2, but always reports, eventually:

pastedImage_1.png

I am using the 10 pin JTAG interface on the board - not the 20 pin connector.

Any advise shall be much appreciated!

0 Kudos
4 Replies

lpcxpresso_supp
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

You can actually run the LPC-Link2 firmware on the onboard debug probe of the RT1064-EVK board, in place of the default DAP-Link firmware. For more details see:

Regards,

MCUXpresso IDE Support

0 Kudos

victorjimenez
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello, Tamir Michael

The 10 pin JTAG connector (J34) on the RT1064-EVK is for the on-board debugger. If you want to program the RT1064, you must use the 20 pin connector (J21). 

Have a great day,
Victor

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

tamir_michael
Contributor IV

Thank you.

0 Kudos

victorjimenez
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello, Tamir Michael

This adapter from embedded artists is what you need so you can program the RT1064-EVK with the LPC-LIN2. I hope this information is useful. 

10-pin to 20-pin JTAG Adapter - Embedded Artists 

Regards, 

Victor 

0 Kudos