Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MIPI CSI

zhiyuan_song
Contributor II

I use the imx6 development board and the camera is OV5640。

My I2C is working normally and can send and receive data to the camera。

When I've configured the mipicsi register,and send the camera data of 30 frames of 640x480 pixels to the camera,I can see that the value of the status register in the mipicsi register is changed to 0x330,and channel 0 and channel 1 stop bits transform between 0 and 1。The error status register is first non-zero and then zero。Is that what mipicsi and camera drivers are supposed to look like?

The data collected by the camera should be transmitted through the IPU,If I don't show it it should be CSI-> smfc-> IDMAC。So where is the data ultimately collected by the camera? I found a cpmem structure,What does cpmem do?

Next do I just enable MIPI, idmac 0lane, SMFC, csi, and set up SMFC map and bs. The camera is working, collecting data, right?

The focus is still to collect the data in which is not clear, do not understand.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
14 Replies

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi song

for better understanding of i.MX6Q MIPI-CSI and IPU operations one can check

MIPI–CSI2 Peripheral on i.MX6 MPUs

Debug steps for customer MIPI sensor.docx 

Description of IPU drivers in Linux Manual included in Linux 4.14.98_2.2.0 Documentation

Best regards
igor
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

zhiyuan_song
Contributor II

thank you very much。

I configured the relevant registers according to mipi-csi2 Peripheral on i.max6 MPUs.

Send the collected data to memory.But I don't know where to look at the data I've collected.

0 Kudos

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

If you are using NXP Sabre SD board one can try Demo Images

on below link, they work fine with camera.

i.MX Software | NXP 

Test steps are described in sect.6.4.2 Video4Linux API test attached Linux Manual.

Best regards
igor

0 Kudos

zhiyuan_song
Contributor II

hi,igorpadykov.

I don't have a display device, how do I get to try Demo Images.

In the i.x Software | NXP link,What am I supposed to do.

thank you very much.

0 Kudos

zhiyuan_song
Contributor II

I don't use an operating system

0 Kudos

zhiyuan_song
Contributor II

I don't use an operating system,How do I test it?

0 Kudos

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

try with baremetal SDK (1.1.0_iMX6_Platform_SDK.zip) found on

https://community.nxp.com/thread/432859 

0 Kudos

zhiyuan_song
Contributor II

I've tried, but the SDK is all output on the LCD screen, so I'm using another channel, and I'm just putting it in memory.

Is it impossible to view the collected data?

thank you!

0 Kudos

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

there were option to save data to file described in sect.6.4.2 Video4Linux API test Linux Manual

0 Kudos

zhiyuan_song
Contributor II

mxc_v4l2_test.c and mxc_v4l2_output.c under the  <Yocto_BuildDir>/imx-test-"version"/test/mxc_v4l2_test directory.where can I find these two documents?

0 Kudos

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
0 Kudos

zhiyuan_song
Contributor II

hi,igorpadykov.A very strange thing happened to me.

I refer to the ipu sending checkerboard example in the SDK,And I downloaded it to the board and found that everything worked as expected.You can see that the data at 0x2700000 is changing every single step. And channel 0 interrupts flag position 1.But when I redownload, can't, ask this is how to return a responsibility?

thank you.

0 Kudos

zhiyuan_song
Contributor II

But I don't know the address of the stored data, which is also the most confused place for me

0 Kudos

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

pastedImage_1.jpg

0 Kudos