cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to perform RF TEST for embedded KW36

kuldeep_chaturv
Contributor II

Hi,

We are using KW36A for our product and in it we want to test the BTLE TX and RX service for RF.

based on my previous question, I came to know already that we have Test tool(

https://community.nxp.com/docs/DOC-341216) from NXP which can be used for such purposes.

Test tool requires 2 devices to be connected with it (One is the DUT and another one is the responder for the result).

Consider our case, KW36 in embedded inside a product and its UART is already connected with Meter (its a same PWB).

we can send some specific command to KW36 from meter to put it in Test mode or TX and RX mode.

however how are we going to get the result using Test tool in such case, how can be connect the embedded KW36 with test tool .

we can buy freedom board to return the result and based on that we can check pass and failed condition.

So question is how can be use the test tool effectively in such case?

Br,

Kuldeep

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

kuldeep_chaturv
Contributor II

Hi Estephania,

We are not planning to use the DTM but HCI commands.

I need to understand the setup needed in this case as i mentioned above. 

like how are we going to connect DUT with test tool, how the other freedom board will be connected with Test tool etc.

Br,

Kuldeep

0 Kudos

estephania_mart
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

You can perform the test in the following way

1. Using HCI application, from the available example you can check the  hci_bb under the Bluetooth LE examples. 

For this, you need to have a Bluetooth tester (i.e. R&S CBT) to be able to run PER test using this test. You can refer to AN5179  to learn how to make PER using CBT tool and HCI app, besides it is for the KW40 you can apply the same for the KW36

You can check this other post as a brief quick start on this

2. You can use the "GFSK Connectivity Test" application included in the KW36Z connectivity software called conn_test. Connectivity Test application includes a PER test demo that can be used for this purpose. For more information about this you can check the "Generic FSK Link Layer Quick Start Guide"  which you can find in the SDK under the following path

<installation path>\docs\wireless\GENFSK

Hope this helps,

Regards,

Estephania

0 Kudos

estephania_mart
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

I'm sorry , I was not able to fully understand your request, do you already set the board like in the post ? Which problem are you having ?

Did you confirm to be using the DTM commands instead of the HCI commands ?

Regards ,

Estephania

0 Kudos