AnsweredAssumed Answered

Crashes when executing APEX example on SBC-S32V234

Question asked by Jorge Barrio Gragera on Nov 7, 2019
Latest reply on Nov 13, 2019 by Jorge Barrio Gragera

I am using S32 Design Studio Version: 3.2  to generate some examples and compiling them on a development board: SBC-S32V234. After installing different packages (please see installation details in image attached), I managed to successfully compile the APEX project (example apex2_add).

I am able to download the executable apex2_add.elf in the board and execute it, but it crashes straight away It crashes when executing function APEX_Init (). This is not crashing because I am trying to debug it from the IDE, this is crashing when I copy the executable to the board and try to execute it there as a normal executable. When it crashes  says: "segmentation fault". When I debugged I noticed that it crashes when executing the function global_hal_AllReset(0) inside the function APEX_Init().

I have to say that I have been trying many different configurations. The only time I managed to successfully compile and execute one demo example is when I downloaded VisionSDK_S32V2_RTM_1_4_1.bin and installed it. In that case, I defined the environment variables of my Ubuntu 16.04 computer shell to point to the compilers provided by this installation. I then compile the code in the folder "s32v234_sdk/demos/apex/apex_add/build-v234ce-gnu-linux-d" to successfully compile this example. Only in that case I managed to execute this example in the board successfully.

However the recommended S32 Design Studio IDE does not provide a good executable for this development board. I noticed that this IDE is using the VSDK_S32V2_RTM_1_3_0 instead of the latest RTM_1_4_1 which successfully compiled the demo codeas I mentioned before.

I wonder what I am missing here since I am not even able to successfully execute the demo code provided for version RTM_1_3_0 even though I point all compilers to the ones provided for that version. I guess I am missing some important settings. Please help!!

I would really appreciate some help with this since it is very frustrating and I have already run out of ideas.

Thank you very much in advance for your help.

Attachments

Outcomes