ACIM FOC control with position sensor (encoder)

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ACIM FOC control with position sensor (encoder)

Jump to solution
peterkostadinov
Contributor III

Hi All,

I need example project with ACIM FOC control with position sensor (encoder), instead of available examples, which are SENSORLESS.

Best Regards,

Peter

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
Sabina_Bruce
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Peter,

Thank you for providing the information. There is not ready made examples in our SDK that use a rotary encoder. The closest one that you can use as a reference woulf be the ftm_quad_decoder example in the TWRKV46 SDK. 

This demo describes the usage of Quad Decoder feature in FTM module, which can be used to count the position of decoder.

An external decoder is used to generate the PHA and PHB's signal. These two signals are feed to the FTM pins with Quad Decoder feature (FTMx_QD_PHA and FTMx_QD_PHB). Then, the counter value and direction would be displayed in terminal window predically.

This would have to be further developed to work with your motor.  

The other document/information regarding this is the same that was provided to you in this post.

Best Regards,

Sabina

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
philip_drake
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

There is a PMSM implementation for the FRDM-KV31.  That may be able to provide the implementation details for the ACIM implementation.

Here is the app note and the software
PMSM Field-Oriented Control on FRDM-KV31F with Hall and Encoder Sensors (REV 0)
PDF 3.9 MB AN12374 [ English ]
Related File: AN12374SW.zip

I hope it helps.

Philip Drake

0 Kudos
peterkostadinov
Contributor III

Thank you!

Best Regards,

Peter

0 Kudos
Sabina_Bruce
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Peter,

Could you please specify which microcontroller are you working with.

Best Regards,

Sabina

0 Kudos
peterkostadinov
Contributor III

Hello Sabina,

Sorry for the incomplete description of my question.

I am working with MKV46F256VLL16, MCRSP_ACIM_V1.2.0 and MCUXpresso_IDE.

Best Regards,

Peter

0 Kudos
Sabina_Bruce
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Peter,

Thank you for providing the information. There is not ready made examples in our SDK that use a rotary encoder. The closest one that you can use as a reference woulf be the ftm_quad_decoder example in the TWRKV46 SDK. 

This demo describes the usage of Quad Decoder feature in FTM module, which can be used to count the position of decoder.

An external decoder is used to generate the PHA and PHB's signal. These two signals are feed to the FTM pins with Quad Decoder feature (FTMx_QD_PHA and FTMx_QD_PHB). Then, the counter value and direction would be displayed in terminal window predically.

This would have to be further developed to work with your motor.  

The other document/information regarding this is the same that was provided to you in this post.

Best Regards,

Sabina

0 Kudos
peterkostadinov
Contributor III

Thank you!

Best Regards,

Peter

0 Kudos