LPC55S69 Debuggin in MCUexpresso IDE v11

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LPC55S69 Debuggin in MCUexpresso IDE v11

simon_ott
Contributor I

I installed the new MCUexpresso IDE v11 today together with the SDK v2.6 as it was recommended for TrustZone projects. In fact, there seem to be quite some improvements for these projects.

However, in IDE v10, debugging was not free of errors, but reliable if I followed these steps:

- Set Flash Driver Reset Handling to "SYSRESETREQ" in Launch config

- "Terminate all Debug Sessions" Button (if previously debugged)

- "Clean up Debug" Button

- "Start Debug" Button (the blue one for MCUexpresso projects, not the green default one)

Unfortunately, this does not work any more reliably in v11. I made a clean install of the IDE v11 with a new workspace and tried to debug the unmodified "lpcexpresso55s69_hello_world_s" (and ns) project following the same steps and debugging fails regularly (at least every second or third time).

I read this blog post: Using LPC55S69 SDK Trustzone examples with MCUXpresso IDE v11.0.0 where the problem is addressed. In the post, it is stated:

"It is possible to program an image into flash that when run prevents further debug operations succeeding" There is also a solution but it requires quite some effort.

My question is, under which circumstances does that happen and how can I avoid it? If I have to set a jumper, press a button, erase the whole flash, disconnect the board, reset the jumper and connect again every single time I want to debug, it really slows down development and testing.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
6 Replies

aissopou
Contributor I

Actually I just managed to sort it out (permanently I hope) through

https://community.nxp.com/thread/515129 

0 Kudos

aissopou
Contributor I

Same issue here under W7 64

Waiting for target to stop...
Warning - processor did not halt - gave up waiting
target failed to halt after flash driver reset - (null)
flash start - disabling IRQs failed - rc Ep(08). Cannot access core regs when target running.
chip initialization failed - Ep(08). Cannot access core regs when target running.
failed to initialize flash driver LPC55xx.cfx

I have unplugged the board, exited MCUXpresso IDE, nothing stuck at same error for over an hour now. Managed to work OK a few times before.

0 Kudos

simon_ott
Contributor I

I am working in Linux (maybe this already makes a difference), but I will look for previous connections in the processes and see if this solves the problem, when it happens the next time.

0 Kudos

simon_ott
Contributor I

I attached two screenshots. Sometimes the erase via the GUI flash programming tool fails and sometimes I am not able to debug. It happens sporadically and randomly, after 2-3 tries it works again.

As it happens not too often, it's okay, I just would be interested how it can be caused, as in the blog post I linked it is stated that you can "program an image into flash that when run prevents further debug operations succeeding", but is not stated how the image must look like in order to cause this behaviour. screen1.pngscreen2.png

0 Kudos

ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi

From my experience, connection failure problem may happen if previous connection is still active in windows task. manually kill it then reconnect device, check windows device manager, if the it is successful recognized, normally debugger can connect target without problem.

Have a nice day

Jun Zhang

0 Kudos

ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Simon

Could you please post your error screenshots? Thanks.

BR

Jun Zhang

0 Kudos