cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USB-KW41 cannot be detected as MCU VIRTUAL COM

liuxinpeng0908
Contributor II

Hi,

It's my first time to use a sniffer. Now there are thorny problems.

1. Before the USB pre burn program was erased, I found that there was no problem in the front according to the entry prompt on the official website (about 2.4), but the last binary file (the steps described in the official website tutorial are as follows)
"Drag and drop the sniffer? Usbkw41z? K22f? 0x8000.bin to the bootloader"
The computer can't recognize the device when you drag it in. Usb-kw41z has been recognized before. How to deal with this?

2. Besides, I just want to receive the data sent by Bluetooth with the sniffer, but when my computer recognizes the device as usb-kw41z, the kinetics protocol analyzer adapter can't recognize the sniffer all the time. I see that the user's guide says to install the driver.
"The kw40z, KW24 and kw41 dongle is detected as MCU virtual com"
But my computer can't be identified as MCU virtual com.The port can be identified as j-link, or it can be directly identified as an unknown device by following the steps of retrieving the program on the official website. Why? How to deal with the problem that I can use the sniffer normally and view the received data on the computer?

Because of the slow speed of image transmission due to regional network, I can't upload screenshots, but I'd like to ask the technicians who can solve this problem to teach me a new person to solve it. I'm in a hurry. I'd like to ask you to see my problems clearly and to give me the guidance of the great God. Thank you very much.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

Sebastian_Del_Rio
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Liu, I hope you're doing well!

Could you please try following the process described in the following link?

Please let me know if that doesn't work for you.

Best regards,

Sebastian

0 Kudos

liuxinpeng0908
Contributor II

Hi,Sebastian

It's so nice of you.

However,I got it from my teacher,in order to receive the message sent from a KW-36 board,so I didn't have the J-link debug tool.The USB sniffer is the only hardware I can use.The link you give I have read before,but I can't do the first step,

"Program the "k22f_bl_crc_07132016.bin" attached to this post to the K22F through J-Link tool. "

If I skip the first one,even though I have followed all the next,My PC still can't use it as a sniffer. Does this mean I can't use the sniffer project unless I have the J-link tool?

Anyway, thank you very much。

Best regards,

Liu.X.P.

0 Kudos

Sebastian_Del_Rio
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Liu,

Do you have access to another Kinetis FRDM board? Something like a FRDM-K64F would work.

If you do, you can use it as a programmer for your USB-KW41Z if you don't have access to a Jlink.

To use the K64F as a programmer and debugger for another Kinetis board, could you please check this blog post here?

Could you please try that and let me know if it works?

If it doesn’t, your other option would be to use an SWD programmer.

Best regards,

Sebastian

0 Kudos