LPCXpresso55s69 chip intitialization failed - Ep(08)

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LPCXpresso55s69 chip intitialization failed - Ep(08)

Jump to solution
rory78
Contributor III

Hi -  

I have just bought the LPCXpresso55s69 EVK, and so was running some of the examples from the LPCXpresso55s69 SDK (in MCUXpresso), as per the instructions on the page for this board.  I managed to get the basic gpio example to build and debug fine without any issues.  

Since I am interested in using the sd card and FatFS features of the LPCXpresso55s69 EDK, I then tried running the FatFS example.  This then led to the following issue:

"Warning - processor did not halt - gave up waiting
target failed to halt after flash driver reset - (null)
flash start - disabling IRQs failed - rc Ep(08). Cannot access core regs when target running.
chip initialization failed - Ep(08). Cannot access core regs when target running.
failed to initialize flash driver LPC55xx.cfx"

I then tried to continue with the original GPIO example.  Unfortunately, now this same issue is appearing with this same example, whereas it was fine earlier.  

I read around and it sounds like the board has been put in some mode where the processor can't be stopped.  How I do I halt the processor and fix this problem?  And is there any reason why it appears to have been caused by the FATFS example?

Many thanks

Rory

1 Solution
lpcxpresso_supp
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Since I don't have the complete list of debug messages associated with the LinkServer connection, I can only assume that you're currently using an incorrect flash driver reset handling value. This can be verified by opening the appropriate debug configuration (Run => Debug Configurations) and then looking at "Flash driver  reset handling" field in the "LinkServer Debugger" tab. Please switch from SYSRESETREQ to VECTRESET (or vice versa, depending on the failing configuration).

Please let us know if the change suggested above helps in any way. Otherwise, please attach complete debug log for the LinkServer connection.

Greetings,
MCUXpresso IDE Support

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
trevorhey
Contributor II

Setting the VECTRESET worked reliably for me. I used the gpio_led_output demo.

0 Kudos
lpcxpresso_supp
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Since I don't have the complete list of debug messages associated with the LinkServer connection, I can only assume that you're currently using an incorrect flash driver reset handling value. This can be verified by opening the appropriate debug configuration (Run => Debug Configurations) and then looking at "Flash driver  reset handling" field in the "LinkServer Debugger" tab. Please switch from SYSRESETREQ to VECTRESET (or vice versa, depending on the failing configuration).

Please let us know if the change suggested above helps in any way. Otherwise, please attach complete debug log for the LinkServer connection.

Greetings,
MCUXpresso IDE Support

0 Kudos
rory78
Contributor III

Hi - thank you for the help. I've tried this out and it has solved my issue.  

I am wondering though, why does this solve the problem?  And what is meant by a flash driver reset handling value?

Many thanks once again,

Rory

0 Kudos
lpcxpresso_supp
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Unfortunately, the history behind this target is extremely complicated. Long story short is that you'll need to use VECTRESET for flash driver reset handling with recent A1 silicon revision and IDE v11.0.1. The "flash driver reset handling" attribute refers to the actual reset type performed right before executing the flash programming algorithm.

Greetings,
MCUXpresso IDE Support

0 Kudos
Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello  Rory Hand ,

I test on MCUXpresso IDEv11.0.0, SDKv2.6, this FATF SDCARD demo can work well.

About your side, please Boot into ISP mode , then try to debug:

1. Press and hold the ISP button.

2. Whilst still holding down the ISP button, press and release the RST button.

3. Release the ISP button.

4. Debug  project.

You can also refer to this thread:

Regaining debug access to target MCU   

Have a great day,
TIC

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos