cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MPC5744P RevE CCP communication error

aungkm
Contributor III

Hi NXP team and fellow members,

I have recently ordered MPC5744P DevKit and received the Rev E DevKit. I tried to compile and download the code from Simulink model-based toolbox example by following the quick start guide which came with the MBD toolbox. By doing so, I kept getting the message prompt showing that there is a CCP communication error even though I have flash the bootloader via S32 as mentioned in the quick start guide.

Is there an updated MBD quick start guide or bootloader for this new revision? Could you kindly guide me to solve this problem?

Thanks.

Joe

21 Replies

mariuslucianand
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

For the problem that fabien.claveau@imt-atlantique.fr‌ mentioned on this thread, he manages to successfully flash the board with the RappId Bootloader, by using another USB port on his PC.

Best Regards,

Marius  

0 Kudos

fabien_claveau
Contributor I

Hello Marius,

Thanks a lot for this quick response !

I forgot to mention it, but yes, according to the several tutorial, I press the RESET button before pressing OK in the dialog box. 

We are ok that the RESET button is the one at the top left side of the board on my previous picture (an orange led blinks when RESET button is pressed)?

Regards,

Fabien

0 Kudos

abhishek_kumar1
Contributor IV

Dear Fabien

1. Please select the right COM Port in Config Information and check with Device Information (OpenSDA)
  2. For Device Information (Control Panel ->Devices and Printers -> OpenSDA Hardware (right click) -> Properties > Hardware Tab > Select Open SDA and see properties ->Port Settings Tab)
  3. See that both totally match (Simulink and Device Settings)

Capture.PNG

Best Regards

Abhishek

mariuslucianand
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello fabien.claveau@imt-atlantique.fr‌,

Yes, that is the right button!

I was thinking that the serial is kept busy by other program, but since you are able to see the signals with the scope the serial is fine.

So, the only thing that remains is related with your problem might be on how you program the board. You just flash the bootloader and not debug it, right?

Best Regards,

Marius

0 Kudos

mariuslucianand
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

I have attached the .rbl setting file  for the RappID Bootloader Utility (you need to change the COM port and the FILE_INFO according to your .mot location) and the .mot generated with the MATLAB 2017a. The only difference between our setup is that I have flashed the rbf attached here HotFix: MBD Toolbox 3.0.0 for MPC57xx  by using the S32 DS for PA 2017.R1 but I will also try with that one if need be. You don't need to install this older version!

Please try to flash this one.  The Blue LED should toggle every half second.

Best Regards,

Marius

0 Kudos

m15871781742
Contributor II

Hello Marius,

I met the same problem with Fabien,and i tried what you said ,it was still not work,even i tried another computer.I have successfully flashed prommgrome by simulink .But now I can't .It always shows that "CCP communication error".Can you help me? 

thank you!

0 Kudos

mariuslucianand
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello m15871781742@163.com‌,

Do you still encounter this issue? It worked on the same computer on which is not working now? Also, if you have MPC5744P RevE, please be sure that you flashed the right  bootloader rbf.

Kind regards,

Marius

0 Kudos

fabien_claveau
Contributor I

De : Marius-lucian Andrei

Envoyé : jeudi 26 septembre 2019 19:12

À : Fabien CLAVEAU <fabien.claveau@imt-atlantique.fr>

Objet : You have been mentioned by Marius-lucian Andrei in Re: MPC5744P RevE CCP communication error in NXP Community

<https://community.freescale.com/resources/statics/1000/35400-NXP-Community-Email-banner-600x75.jpg> NXP Community

You have been mentioned

by Marius-lucian Andrei <https://community.nxp.com/people/mariuslucianandrei?et=notification.mention> in Re: MPC5744P RevE CCP communication error in NXP Community - View Marius-lucian Andrei's reference to you <https://community.nxp.com/message/1211928?commentID=1211928&et=notification.mention#comment-1211928>

0 Kudos

fabien_claveau
Contributor I

Hello Marius,

I tried your RBL setting file, and used your .mot generated with Matlab 2017a (that I copy-paste also at the root of C:/).

Still the same problem; you can see below the configuration of my COM port (according also to the message of Kumar), RappID BL, and the error message.

I tried with my "original" rbf file, but also the other one you mentioned before. 

I tried with or without the 12V power supply...

Capt_RappID_BL.JPG

Let's assume that the Boot Loader procedure do not work with my board...

If I flash (or by using the debug tools) the .mot directly on the board with S32 DS (v2.1), should it work ?

Regards,

Fabien

0 Kudos

abhishek_kumar1
Contributor IV

Dear Fabien

We flashed using Lauterbach, it works.

Best Regards,

Abhishek Kumar

System Development Engineer (SW)

+31 (0) 407 630 165

+31 (0) 634 10 34 97

High Tech Campus 84

5656 AG - Eindhoven - Netherlands

www.chassisbrakes.com<http://www.chassisbrakes.com>;

This message is intended only for the designated recipient(s). It may contain confidential, privileged or proprietary information. If you are not a designated recipient, you may not review, copy or distribute this message. If you receive this message in error, please notify the sender by reply email and delete this message. Email transmission cannot be guaranteed to be secure or error-free. Therefore, the sender does not represent that this information is complete or accurate and it should not be relied upon as such. All information is subject to change without notice.

0 Kudos

fabien_claveau
Contributor I

Hi everyone,

I received recently a MPC5744p DevKit, Rev E1, that I try to program thanks to MBD toolbox in Simulink, without success...

My configuration is the following :
- Matlab R2017a
- MDB Toolbox 3.0.0
- S32 DS power architecture 2.1
- MPC5744p DevKit, Rev E1
- RBF file : MPC5744p.rbf file proposed by Marius on this page (thanks !)

I can flash the MPC5744p board from S32 DS software with some example already available (e.g. on the picture below the ADP_MPC5744p example is running) ; so I assume that the serial configuration is ok (COM16, 115200 baud ect...). In this case I don't use the MPC5744p.rbf on the devkit, but I directly flash the .elf or .mot file in it.

I can also compile codes with Simulink (I try several examples) ; I can see the generated .elf or .mot files in the folder ..._mbd_rtw.

But When I try to flash these files directly from Simulink (with the MPC5744p.rbf file flashed previously on the devkit), or by using the GUI of RAppID_BL, or by using the S32 DS interface, I always have the "Loss Communication with CCP MCU. Please cycle power and try again".

I can see the UART packets from the PC to the MCU with an oscilloscope (through the TP25 test points), and as expected to response from the board (no response on the TP24 test point...).

I tried with or without the 12 V power supply.

I think my jumper configuration (see below) is ok?

Could you help to solve the problem? Am I forgetting a simple trick... ?

Thanks !
Fabien

20190924_103230.jpg

0 Kudos

mariuslucianand
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

I have the same jumpers configuration on my RevE board as you, except the J31 which is not connected at all on my board, but I assume is something related with the power.  and also SW102 on the 1-2 position, but still, not related with the MCU.

Anyway, so you have a working .mot file, but you can not flash it using the RappID Bootloader. Just to be sure: do you press the RESET button just before you press OK in the dialog box appear just before programming? I am asking this, because the Bootloader is active just a couple of seconds after reset.

If there is no dialog bog that requires you to restart the board just check the Boot Assist Module Restart Request like in the following screenshot.

pastedImage_1.png

Hope this helps, 

Marius

0 Kudos

mariuslucianand
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello aungkm@outlook.com‌,

We used an MPC5744P EVB B and apparently the UART pins connected to the OpenSDA were changed. The current Bootloader works on pins PD9/PD12 while on rev E the OpenSDA uses the Serial configured on PB2/PB3. With the current bootloader you can use an USBtoSerial to program the board over PB2/PB3 pins?

Also, I've attached a .rbf file that uses (as far as I know) the PB2 and PB3 pins.

Hope this helps,

Marius

aungkm
Contributor III

Hi Marius,

The .rbf file which you have attached worked. 

Thanks a lot!

Joe

P.S. When can we expect an official release of this .rbf file?

mariuslucianand
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi aungkm@outlook.com‌,

I am glad it worked!

I can not give you a date on which a new release for the MPC will be available, probably in Q1 next year.

Best Regards,

Marius

0 Kudos

ykarata1
Contributor IV

Hello mariuslucianandrei,

Thanks for sharing rbf file. But despite of NXP announcing new release, I could not find related rbf file on the release. I had to search on the community. Thank GOD I have found your command and sharing here. 

I understand that NXP is really excited about MBD and we, as engineers, are really really happy about that but since there are many kind of users from all over the world so that I think you need to be more careful about documentation. Please take that a kindly advice.

I appreciate your effords.

Thanks.

0 Kudos

mariuslucianand
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello ykarata1@ford.com.tr‌,

Thank you very much for your feedback! We will take it into account for delivering much more detailed documentation for the further releases!

Regarding the .rbf file, this has been already delivered with the MPC57xx version 3.2.0.It can be found under {Model-Based Design Toolbox installation folder}\code\tools\BootLoader\ RBF_Files exactly as described in the 

Model-Based Design Toolbox MPC57xx Series - Quick Start Guide chapter 2.3 BootLoader Setup. The RBF file name as been changed to MPC574xP_S32DS_UART0_CAN0_OpenSDA_RevE.rbf. The name suggests that the bootloader waits for new source code on UART0/CAN0, the pins connected for OpenSDA, rev E board.

Thank you!

Marius

JQiggle
Contributor II

Dear Marius,

right now I am trying to run my first program on the MPC5744P board using the MBD Toolbox and I had encountered the problem described above with the "Loss Communication with CCP MCU". In accordance with your advice, I flashed the _RevE.rbf file to the silicon, made necessary changes in the Simulink file and it finally works, so thanks a lot! Please, if you can make any impact in this, incorporate this kind of information into the Model-Based Design Toolbox MPC57xx Series Quick Start Guide and also mention about the various Revisions of the board, that it might influence the functionality. Right now the Guide pretty outdated, the last version is 3.0.0 from 2019.

Thank you once again and have a nice day.

Best regards

JQiggle

0 Kudos

mariuslucianand
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello @JQiggle 

I am glad that you've managed to flash the board with the information from this thread!

Thank you for the feedback regarding the documentation, we will take it into account! 

Just one question, where did you find the Quick Start guide that old? We typically keep our Quick Start Guide updated in the release folders, so please make sure that you are using the MBDT 3.2.0

If you have any other question related to the Model-Based Design Toolbox, feel free to write to us!

Regards,

Marius

0 Kudos

JQiggle
Contributor II

Dear Marius,

I found the outdated Guide on this link:

https://www.nxp.com/design/automotive-software-and-tools/nxp-model-based-design-toolbox-mbdt:MBDT?ta...

I have just checked my MBDT installation folder and found there the right Guide Version 3.2.0 where the correct '.rbf' file is used so the only thing that needs to be done is to upload the right Guide version to the MBDT Documentation website.

Have a nice day.

Regards

JQiggle

0 Kudos