How to overcome: Ee(36) Could not connect to core.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to overcome: Ee(36) Could not connect to core.

Jump to solution
joren_joly
Contributor II

Hello,

I'm totally new to using NXP for programming a microcontroller. The only thing i tried was turning on a led (just a basic gpio command). (I use a own designed board with a LPC824M201JDH20J)But now comes the struggle:

When I try to build my project, everything is fine. When I try to debug my project , it recognizes my lpclink2 as a linkserver and it always has the following problems:

Error in final launch sequence

Launching tim.afx has encountered a problem.

Error in Final launch sequence.

Details:
      Failed to execute MI command:
      -target-select extended-remote | crt_emu_cm_redlink -msg-port=52431 -g -mi -2 -pLPC824 -vendor=NXP -vc -reset=       -ProbeHandle=1 -CoreIndex=0 -flash-driver=LPC800_32.cfx
      Error message from debugger back end:
      Remote communication error. Target disconnected.: No error.
      Remote communication error. Target disconnected.: No error.

Target reported errors.

Reason:

02: Failed on connect
      02: Failed on connect
      Could not connect to core.
      31: No connection to emulator device

when I close those dialogues the console is saying:

LPCXpresso RedlinkMulti Driver v8.2 (Sep 5 2016 10:12:38 - crt_emu_cm_redlink build 725)
      Failed on connect: Ee(36). Could not connect to core.
      No connection to emulator device

This is the error I have. Now I hope someone can really help me with this since I already tried the following things:

-reboot my pc

-Like one suggested on this forum, to run the installer .exe again after installing

-Deleting my .afx file and making sure that everything is alright on the new .afx file

- Updating my drivers. The only weird thing that I can't explain here is that if i plug in the device it sometimes gets recognized as a LPC usb device and sometimes as a COM port. When it is the LPC usb device, my drivers are from 2009 and as a COM port my drivers are from 2014.

- I tried to import the programming image from the old LPC-LINK2 configuration tool.

- And I have fooled around with settings when creating the project and on the preferences for debugging etc.

The weirdest thing is I have a Dell G3 and it doesnt work, a colleague of my tried to do it on his Dell G5 and it didn't work aswell. But it did work on 2 older Dell Precision laptops, with the same setup and configuration.

Hoping that there are some NXP gods out there, who can help me out!

Thanks a lot!

1 Solution
Alexis_A
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Joren,

I think when you download the MCUXpresso this tools are download it to. But if this is not the case, you can donwload it from the next link:

https://www.segger.com/downloads/jlink/ 

The tool is called J-Link Commander and comes with this package:

pastedImage_2.png

Check first that the VTref have voltage and use the commands I previous mention to you.

Let me know if this helps you.

Best Regards,

Alexis Andalon

View solution in original post

8 Replies
lpcxpresso_supp
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

First of all - you appear to be using an old version of LPCXpresso IDE, rather than the current MCUXpresso IDE. If at all possible I suggest that you switch (you can have both installed in parallel). [Note in particular, we provide no support for J-Link debug probes that Alexis has suggested you use in LPCXpresso IDE.]

Then double check your hardware design against the recommendations in the FAQ already mentioned earlier in the thread : Design Considerations for Debug . In particular, it would be interesting to know if any behaviour changes are seen when you have JP2 fitted / not fitted on your LPC-Link2.

Additional information on troubleshooting issues with LPC-Link2 can also be found in the "Using and troubleshooting LPC-Link2" section of the MCUXpresso IDE v11.0 User Guide (downloadable from: MCUXpresso IDE|Eclipse-based Integrated Development Environment (IDE) | NXP ).

Regards,

MCUXpresso IDE Support

joren_joly
Contributor II

I did had the latest version of the LPCXpresso, but now I use LPCXpresso and MCUXpresso in parrallel but the files linked to one another. MCUXpresso works indeed better with the hardware that is in my PC.

Thanks for the response!

0 Kudos
converse
Senior Contributor V

'Could not connect to core' means that the debugger cannot see the debug circuit of the chip. This could be because your SWD connection is incorrect, or that there is insufficient power supplied to the chip. Have you readhttps://community.nxp.com/thread/388998 

0 Kudos
joren_joly
Contributor II

I have, forgot to add the following things I have done, my bad:

-put external power on it

-let my colleague with the dell precision program it, same code, same devices, just other laptop and it does work

-tried to program with a different LPCLINK2 and different self designed board, which work for sure, and now it didn't

0 Kudos
Alexis_A
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Joren,

I will suggest to put the LPC824 in ISP mode, this will put the MCU in a know state and let the debug interface connect to the MCU.

Also I will suggest to change the LPC-Link 2 firmware to J-link (Check the following post) and use the J-Link commander to try to connect to the MCU.

The commands need are:

-Connect

-? (Select your MCU)

-s (select SWD interface)

-(Enter) (default frequency)

And check if you can connect to the MCU.

Best Regards,

Alexis Andalon

joren_joly
Contributor II

Okay I have the  J-link on the LPC-Link 2 now, but this is not supported in the IDE. How do I make this available?

0 Kudos
Alexis_A
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Joren,

I think when you download the MCUXpresso this tools are download it to. But if this is not the case, you can donwload it from the next link:

https://www.segger.com/downloads/jlink/ 

The tool is called J-Link Commander and comes with this package:

pastedImage_2.png

Check first that the VTref have voltage and use the commands I previous mention to you.

Let me know if this helps you.

Best Regards,

Alexis Andalon

joren_joly
Contributor II

This worked for me, thanks a lot! So for people who are looking for this answer, get J-link from Segger, flash it on the LPC-Link2 as Alexis said. Than i opened SEGGER J-Link GDB Server and checked if it is connected properly. Than I was able to connect with the LPC-Link2 for debugging.

0 Kudos