Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customize beacon fields

Jump to solution
trialaccount12
Contributor V

Hi,

It is possible to customize the fields in beacons(I am working with kw41z). I looked into ibeacon and it has an array of 25 bytes. In my case, i want to send one more additional value from my program as a part of 25 bytes.

Is it possible to do that? I tried to modify the code base and all the functions are constant. They expect a static value whereas my new value is dynamic and it changes every second. Can you please tell me if my approach is possible?  Any alternatives would also be helpful. 

Basically I should be able to witness UUID, Major value along with my dynamically generated value when I scan for the device in my mobile app.

Regards

Niranjan

Labels (2)
Tags (2)
1 Solution
estephania_mart
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

How many bytes will you be needing in your packet? If you can provide more details about this I can investigate further on this. I believe it should be possible if the packet you want to send it's compliant with the advertisement packet structure.

Which version  of the SDK are you using ? Could you please help me confirm that you are using the latest one available in the SDK builder?

The process to follow will change in case you have a previous version of the examples

Regards,

Estephania

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
7 Replies
estephania_mart
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

if you are exactly looking for a beacon you can check this post https://community.nxp.com/docs/DOC-329201

Could you please check it and let me know if that it's helpful for you?

Regards,
Estephania

trialaccount12
Contributor V

Hi,

Yes, I looked into the document. But the examples/demo applications in SDK shows the advertising fields like UUID,beacon identifier, company identifier are getting added to adData1 as static values which remains unique.

In my application, I want to add a dynamic value like acceleration of device(x or y or z) along with advertising packet. [That is the value has to be added in run time of application rather than during compile time]

Is it possible to add this functionality?

Thanks and Regards

Niranjan

0 Kudos
estephania_mart
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

How many bytes will you be needing in your packet? If you can provide more details about this I can investigate further on this. I believe it should be possible if the packet you want to send it's compliant with the advertisement packet structure.

Which version  of the SDK are you using ? Could you please help me confirm that you are using the latest one available in the SDK builder?

The process to follow will change in case you have a previous version of the examples

Regards,

Estephania

0 Kudos
trialaccount12
Contributor V

Hi,

Yes, I am able to figure it out and advertise customized packets now. Now I have two new questions

1. How would I restart the beacon advertising every second (beacon application fields A,B,C is getting changed in my project). Any documentation for this? please note that I am not having two tasks in my rtos code. Inside the single main_task I am executing all.

2. The FXOS8700Q is subjected to soft and hard iron magnetic effects(I read this in a community post). But I dont intend to calibrate the device every-time I switch it on. Is there any static offsets to be given? To be specific I want my device to function like an ecompass in android phone. 

Thank you for your help.

Thanks and Regards

Niranjan

0 Kudos
estephania_mart
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

'Hello,

There is not a specific document to achieve what you are looking for. It won't be possible to do it in the main task, you will need to use a timer and either a task or function triggered to update the values.

About the e-compass, could you please check this post ?

https://community.nxp.com/thread/350457 

Regards

Estephania

trialaccount12
Contributor V

Hi,

I am able to achieve my task partially. I used NVIC_SystemReset(), but this would reset the entire program. I am looking for reset functionality like pressing SW3 of frdm kw41z would do. (like a reflashing but erasing existing memory). Can you help me in this aspect?

Regards

Niranjan

0 Kudos
estephania_mart
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

Due to my current load of work, and as this it's a different matter, could you please help me posting it in a different thread ? So we can have the information in a more organized way and also for this to be check not only by me but for other persons as well that might be able to help you

Regards,

Estephania

0 Kudos