Through NXP IMX6UL images Phytech board Kernel not booting "Waiting for root device /dev/mmcblk0p2..."

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Through NXP IMX6UL images Phytech board Kernel not booting "Waiting for root device /dev/mmcblk0p2..."

venu_gopal
Contributor I

I was following below steps to build and compile NXP Yocto setup.

-> DISTRO=fsl-imx-x11 MACHINE=imx6ulevk source fsl-setup-release.sh -b yocto_test

-> bitbake meta-toolchain

-> bitbake core-image-minimal.

First it was building and compiled successfully but through this images Phytech board not booting that's why i was copied phytech imx6ul-14x14-evk.dts file into NXP  /arch/arm/boot/dts/imx6ul-14x14-evk.dts and after that i was followed above steps to build and compile.

Please find attached after building and compiled NXP Yocto setup images. After that i went below location here images date and time was not changing.

venu@venu-H110M-H:~/yocto_new/fsl-release-bsp/yocto_test/tmp/deploy/images/imx6ulevk$

> Copied NXP_Yocto_new below four images into sdcard but Kernel was not booting same error "Waiting for root device /dev/mmcblk0p2..."

1. sudo tar -xvf core-image-minimal-imx6ulevk-20190716100442.rootfs.tar.bz2 -C /media/venug/rootfs

2. sudo cp zImage /media/venug/boot/zImage

3. sudo cp zImage-imx6ul-14x14-evk.dtb /media/venug/boot/imx6ul-14x14-evk.dtb

4. sudo dd if=u-boot-sd-2016.03-r0.imx of=/dev/sdc bs=512 seek=2 conv=fsync

Please check once and revert back and send stepts to after modifing dts file how to build and compile NXP Yocto Setup.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Venu

i.MX6UL EVK (imx6ul-14x14-evk.dts) and Phytec are quite different boards

and it is not sufficient just copy dts file. It is necessary also to port all changes.

May be recommended to try native Phytec linux with guidelines provided in vendor documentation

L-859e A0 i.MX6UL phyGATE-Sirius Alpha Kit BSP - DevWIKI 

Best regards
igor
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

venu_gopal
Contributor I

Hi igor,

What changes i have to do in NXP IMX6UL images to boot from Sdcard in Phytech board. If you have any document can you please share to me. Phytech board booting from phytech images that is not my issue, I want to boot Phytech board through NXP IMX6UL images. Please let me know as soon as possible.

Thanks & Regards,

M.Venu Gopal,

0 Kudos

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Venu

Phytech board can not run NXP IMX6UL images as these are different boards.

So (general answer) it is necessary to port NXP IMX6UL software to Phytech board :

linux-imx - i.MX Linux kernel 

uboot-imx - i.MX U-Boot 

https://community.nxp.com/docs/DOC-100203 

Best regards
igor

0 Kudos

venu_gopal
Contributor I

Thanks for your response.From: igorpadykov <admin@community.nxp.com>Sent: Tue, 03 Sep 2019 16:16:15 To: Venu Gopal <venu.gopal@mantratec.com>Subject: Re: - Through NXP IMX6UL images Phytech board Kernel not booting "Waiting for root device /dev/mmcblk0p2..."

NXP Community

Re: Through NXP IMX6UL images Phytech board Kernel not booting "Waiting for root device /dev/mmcblk0p2..."

reply from igorpadykov in i.MX Processors - View the full discussion

Hi Venu Phytech board can not run NXP IMX6UL images as these are different boards.So (general answer) it is necessary to port NXP IMX6UL software to Phytech board :linux-imx - i.MX Linux kernel uboot-imx - i.MX U-Boot BSP porting guide: from a I.mx6q reference Board to a Custom board (in Yocto project)  Best regardsigor

Reply to this message by replying to this email, or go to the message on NXP Community

Start a new discussion in i.MX Processors by email or at NXP Community

Following Re: Through NXP IMX6UL images Phytech board Kernel not booting "Waiting for root device /dev/mmcblk0p2..." in these streams:

Inbox

This email was sent by NXP Community because you are a registered user.

You may unsubscribe instantly from NXP Community, or adjust email frequency in your email preferences

s

This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you are not the named addressee you should not disseminate, distribute or copy this e-mail. Please notify the sender immediately by e-mail if you have received this e-mail by mistake and delete this e-mail from your system. 

0 Kudos

venu_gopal
Contributor I

Thanks for your response.From: igorpadykov <admin@community.nxp.com>Sent: Tue, 27 Aug 2019 15:41:08 To: Venu Gopal <venu.gopal@mantratec.com>Subject: Re: - Through NXP IMX6UL images Phytech board Kernel not booting "Waiting for root device /dev/mmcblk0p2..."

NXP Community

Re: Through NXP IMX6UL images Phytech board Kernel not booting "Waiting for root device /dev/mmcblk0p2..."

reply from igorpadykov in i.MX Processors - View the full discussion

Hi Venu i.MX6UL EVK (imx6ul-14x14-evk.dts) and Phytec are quite different boardsand it is not sufficient just copy dts file. It is necessary also to port all changes.May be recommended to try native Phytec linux with guidelines provided in vendor documentationL-859e A0 i.MX6UL phyGATE-Sirius Alpha Kit BSP - DevWIKI  Best regardsigor

0 Kudos