iMX6ull qt5

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iMX6ull qt5

ATAineri
Contributor III

How I understand the yocto project user's guide, is it totally impossible to built image with qt5 for iMX6ull evk board? I have only qt5 version of main application for my job now, how can I build linux with this application? Final two weeks i try to cross-compile it but there is no ease to understand information about how to cross-compile qt5 application for iMX6ull. Now I'm trying to build linux with qt5 for it and compile this application in the evk board, but in iMX yocto project user's guide I find this one:

"Builds an opensource Qt 5 image. These images are only meta-fsl-bsp-release/imx/meta-sdk
supported for i.MX SoC with hardware graphics. They are
not supported on the i.MX 6UltraLite, i.MX 6UltraLiteLite,
and i.MX 7Dual"

What should I do now? Is it really impossible to use iMX6ull with qt5 application and now I have to buy new MCU for this?

Labels (4)
0 Kudos
4 Replies

xinyu_chen
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Actually QT5 is supported on the 6ULL. The Linux RN (seems already remove the NOTE in latest RN) and Yocto UG need to be updated.

Take 5.10 Yocto release for 6ULL as example, to build QT5 into image user must bitbake the imx-image-full target. With this build, all the qt basic demo is installed and can be run. Except for the demos using OpenGLES, they're excluded from the image.

0 Kudos

karangajjar
Senior Contributor II

Hi Vladislav Redin,

Please refer to the below thread for more details on QT and imx6ULL:

i.MX 6ULL - Is Qt5 Supported? 

Regards,

Karan Gajjar

0 Kudos

ATAineri
Contributor III

There is no fully answer in the attached link. There is only information about that is real, but no information about how to do it.

If I build yocto without QT and then download and install QT from dev board is this will be working even without GPU?

0 Kudos

gusarambula
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Vladislav Redin,

There are some workarounds to running Qt5 on a system without GPU but it’s not supported by NXP’s BSP and you would need to make some compromises.

The thread mentioned have a comment of an user that managed to implement Qt on an embedded system without GPU, for example (hopefully they may add more information)
https://community.nxp.com/thread/487579

There is some more information on Qt forums but using Qt5 in a system without GPU is certainly not optimal.

My apologies for the inconvenience,
Regards,

0 Kudos