cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PCB Design and Schematic for DEVKIT-MPC5744P Rev. E1

ssuyakov
Contributor II

Hello NXP Community,

I've just received DEVKIT-MPC5744P Rev. E1, and figured out that there is no any schematic for Rev E1 on official page: https://www.nxp.com/support/developer-resources/evaluation-and-development-boards/ultra-reliable-dev...

Could you please share this information here or on the DEVKIT page.

Best Regards,

Sergey Suyakov

Tags (1)
5 Replies

lukaszadrapa
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Sergey,

schematic for rev. E1 is attached. I will ask to update the schematic on our web page. Thanks for pointing this out.

Regards,

Lukas

0 Kudos

smuley
Contributor III

Hello Lukas,

I recently purchased 2 MPC5744P dev kits and received the rev E1 boards. I programmed them with the bootloader as mentioned in the video linked here. I used the .rbf file linked here. However, after successful loading of the bootloader, i was not able to download any of the examples from the NXP MBD Toolbox from Simulink. I receive the error that commmunication failed. 

I also tried using the .rbf file in the " \\MATLAB Add-Ons\Toolboxes\NXP_MBDToolbox_MPC57xx\tools\BootLoader\RBF_Files " folder that i got with the NXP MBD toolbox.

Below is the list of .rbf files that i tried:

MPC574xP_S32DS_UART1_CAN0_OpenSDA.rbf

MPC574xP_S32DS_UART1_CAN0.rbf

MPC5744P_DEVKIT.rbf

Please let me know if there is a newer .rbf file that facilitates direct code flashing from simulink as supported for previous revisions of the board. If so, please link the file in your reply.

Thanks,

Saurabh

0 Kudos

constantinrazva
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello smuley@tae.com‌,

Lukas pointed you in the right direction - could you post this on our community to resolve this issue there? In the meanwhile, I would suggest you 2 things:

1. you should read this thread - I can see that you are working on the Rev E, so you should use another rbf file (uploaded by mariuslucianandrei‌).
  2. if that didn't work, my advice would be to double check the settings in the main configuration block, in the Target Connection tab:

pastedImage_1.png

Here you should have the Download code after build checked, then you should have the BAM Restart Request enabled and lastly the correct serial (COM) port selected. After the executable is generated, a dialogue will open. You should press the rest button on your board, then click on the OK button from the dialogue. This will start the flashing process. Note that the time from which you press reset and press the OK button from the dialogue can be set from the same tab - Delay before start of application

Kind regards,

Razvan.

smuley
Contributor III

Hello Razvan,

Thank you for the response. All my settings are same as shown in your image (except the COM port). 

I got it to work. The problem was with the .rbf file. I used the file uploaded by  Marius Lucian Andrei and it worked.

Thank you once again for pointing me in the right direction.

Regards,

Saurabh

lukaszadrapa
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

this is out of my scope, please ask here:

https://community.nxp.com/community/mbdt 

Thanks,

Lukas