Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S32K144 Build Config Modes

Jump to solution
harish_g2
Contributor II

Hi All,

I wanted to know that what is the difference between Debug, Debug_RAM, and Release build configuration mode is S32K144 Eclipse IDE. 

Please let me know in-depth b/w the modes, as am not getting any info related to this 

Thanks & Regards,

Harish. G

1 Solution
victorjimenez
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Harish,

The Debug mode does not optimize the binary it produces because the relationship between source code and generated instructions is more complex. This allows breakpoints to be set accurately and allows a programmer to step through the code one line at a time. The Debug configuration of your program is compiled with full symbolic debug information which helps the debugger figure out where it is in the source code.

The Release mode enables optimizations and generates without any debug data, so it is fully optimized.

I also recommend you to check the following community post: What is the difference between Debug RAM and Debug Flash? 

Have a great day,
TIC

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
victorjimenez
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Harish,

The Debug mode does not optimize the binary it produces because the relationship between source code and generated instructions is more complex. This allows breakpoints to be set accurately and allows a programmer to step through the code one line at a time. The Debug configuration of your program is compiled with full symbolic debug information which helps the debugger figure out where it is in the source code.

The Release mode enables optimizations and generates without any debug data, so it is fully optimized.

I also recommend you to check the following community post: What is the difference between Debug RAM and Debug Flash? 

Have a great day,
TIC

Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.