cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

i.mx6: watchdog fires after shutdown call

lukasz_laguna
Contributor II

Hello,
I have a problem with closing (restart works fine) the system on i.mx6 (custom board). Output:
```
[  OK  ] Stopped Create Static Device Nodes in /dev.
[  OK  ] Reached target Shutdown.
[  OK  ] Reached target Final Step.
         Starting Power-Off...
imx2-wdt 20bc000.wdog: Device shutdown: Expect reboot!
reboot: System halted
```
After max timeout (128 s) watchdog fires. I tried several things, e.g. hack the driver and disable the watchdog in imx2_wdt_shutdown(), but already noticed that it's not possible to clear the WDE bit by a software write, once the bit is set.

Maybe you have an idea what can be wrong and how can I solve this issue?

I read here: i.MX6 watchdog: reboot on system halt that it can be caused by AUTO ON feature, but I don't understand it. There is no way to fix it on system level? Could you explain me what is the shutdown procedure and (if it's related) what is the auto on feature and how it affects the shutdown?

Thanks.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Łukasz

AUTO ON feature means that i.MX6Q Sabre SD board power-up immediately

when power adapter is inserted. There is no additional power-on button or circuit.

Such circuit can be implemented using example on p.19 Sabre SD schematic spf-27392

"OPTIONAL:
PMIC Power On Circuit"

Design files, including hardware schematics, Gerbers, and OrCAD files for i.MX 6Quad (i.MX 6Dual emu...

Software shutdown is described on

https://community.nxp.com/docs/DOC-97660 

Best regards
igor
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos