cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue in Video Streaming with gadget webcam module g_webcam in i.MX8m processor

nikhil3karale
Contributor I

Hi,

I am working on streaming video from my custom camera chip interfaced with i.MX8M board (linux kernel 4.14.78) using uvc interface over host pc.

I have configured the i.MX8m as webcam gadget and it is getting detected as a usb webcam at host pc.

But when i am trying to stream the video from host application (with uvc app running over i.MX8M target board), it fails with error:-  dwc3 38100000.dwc3: request ffff80007752c600 was not queued to ep2in and stops video streaming.

Please find attached log file for reference.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies

nikhil3karale
Contributor I

Can anyone help me on above issue...?

0 Kudos

joanxie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport
0 Kudos

nikhil3karale
Contributor I

Hi Joan Xie,

Thanks for the reply.

I want the i.MX8M board (along with camera chip interfaced with board using MIPI-CSI) to be used in usb device mode and not as a usb host.  In my case i.MX8M board is also getting detected as a usb camera device on my host pc but not able to stream video data over host pc.

Also as per link g_webcam gadget needs patch - ODROID , patch is for kernel 3.6 while i am using kernel 4.14 and also not able to open the link provided for the patch.

0 Kudos

joanxie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

you need to enable g_webcam driver in the kernel, and require user space application to finish this, maybe you can refer to the lib for imx6 as reference:

USB Video Class Gadget Library | UVC Driver Linux | UVC Linux 

0 Kudos