cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

redlinkserv.exe Command Line Option Error

james5
Contributor I

Hello,

When trying to run the redlinkserv.exe command line utility with a connect script the executable doesn't accept the "--connectscript" argument even though that is the syntax given by program error message.  Here is the output, including the version output as well to show that I can actually run a command line program....

> redlinkserv.exe --connectscript Invalid argument: --connectscript [--version] Just print the server's version number. [--commandline] Run server in the foreground using a command shell. [--connectscript] Read in server script. [--telnetport] Allow a telnet connection on any of up to 8 ports in a comma separated list (e.g --telnetport 3050,3075). [--port] Debug client port (defaults to 3490). [--aplist] Enable display of device AP list.

> redlinkserv.exe --version MCUXpresso IDE LinkServer v10.3 (Nov 28 2018 02:34:13 - redlinkserv.exe build 748)

What is the correct syntax to use a connect script?

James.

0 Kudos
3 Replies

lpcxpresso_supp
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Yes, the help is a little too brief here. Try:

redlinkserv --connectscript=script.scp

However it would be helpful to understand exactly what you are trying to achieve? Generally we don't expect most users to directly access the redlinkserv command line themselves like this.

Regards,

MCUXpresso IDE Support

0 Kudos

james5
Contributor I

So this still doesn't quite work as expected though I get past the error I was having.

I have a script, let's call it script.scp.

If I do the following then it works:

> redlinkserv --commandline

>> load "script.scp"

>> run

but if I try to do the same thing with this command

> redlinkserv --connectscript="script.scp"

This fails with errors

Probe table CSV file not found
No probes found
Probe Not Found

This script started as the default kinetisconnect.scp and it's identical up to line 1310 (other than uncommenting the lines that it says to for use outside of IDE).

With redlinkserv in commandline mode I get back the probe info with the probelist command.

Any ideas?

James.

0 Kudos

james5
Contributor I

Thank you.

https://community.nxp.com/message/1174364 

I have a connect script that now reads out the UID.  Still working on writing flash memory loc

0 Kudos