MCUxpresso debugger failing to connect to RT 1064, "Wire ACK Wait in DAP access "

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MCUxpresso debugger failing to connect to RT 1064, "Wire ACK Wait in DAP access "

mthimsen
Contributor II

The debugger in the MCUxpresso IDE is failing to connect to my RT 1064 eval kit board. Error below.

Failed on connect: Nn(05). Wire ACK Wait in DAP access
Connected&Reset. Was: NotConnected. DpID: 0084089C. CpuID: 00000C27. Info: <None>

I have tried connecting in a new workspace and a new project and the error persists. I assume I need to update the firmware on the debugger/board but I'm not sure of how exactly to go about that. Thanks.

4 Replies

lpcxpresso_supp
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Matt,

The behaviour you describe is indicative of a 'bad' image in flash that runs from power on and locks debug access.

Can I suggest you take a look at this doc (linked below)- the section on Troubleshooting should help to recover this board:

https://community.nxp.com/community/mcuxpresso/mcuxpresso-ide/blog/2019/01/23/overview-of-using-the-... 

Yours,

MCUXpresso IDE Support

mthimsen
Contributor II

Thank you this provided an easy solution.

For others reading the issue was a bad image. The short version of the fix is to set the SW7 switch to 0000 to prevent the board from booting, then use MCUXpresso's mass erase tool to erase the flash. You may have to update the flash drivers if you're using the 1064, more detail is provided in the documents above.

mthimsen
Contributor II

Update, I have updated the boards firmware by starting it in maintenance mode then copying the binary file from nxp into the MAINTENANCE drive, successfully updating the board firmware.

I have also tried on a colleagues computer.

I have connected the J42 jumper on the board, which allows use of the LPC-LINK2 debugger, which also fails with:

Error: Unable to configure core for probe index 1.
Wire not connected

Additionally, I've tried Erasing the flash memory, which errors:

Failed on connect: Ee(42). Could not connect to core.
No connection to chip's debug port

In all cases the error persists, is it possible I've bricked the board somehow?

0 Kudos

BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Matt,

Is that for the EVK or EVKB board?

can you use an external debug probe (with J48 and J47 removed, see First Steps with the NXP i.MX RT1064-EVK Board | MCU on Eclipse )?

Other than that: I'm using an external power supply which helped in some cases.

I don't think that you briked the board, but in any case: this is the recovery process I have used sucessfully for my board: Regaining Debug Access to NXP i.MX RT1064-EVK executing WFI | MCU on Eclipse 

I hope this helps,

Erich

0 Kudos