cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Suggestion for camera

vinothkumars
Senior Contributor IV

Dear NXP,

I am working IMX6Q with Android Nought. I want to interface the camera with my Custom board. I have 15 pin camera connector. I want the compatible camera for this camera connector.

Now I am using OV5647 (15 pin camera connector). Please check the image. 

IMG_20190619_130737.jpg

IMG_20190619_130729.jpg

But, Customer needs advanced one with compatible one.

Please suggest the good camera with 15 pin camera connector.

Thanks & Regards,

VinothS.

Regards,
Vinothkumar Sekar
Labels (4)
0 Kudos
5 Replies

vinothkumars
Senior Contributor IV

In software I am doing raw code conversion. Because of this I loss some frames. So, I want camera want this raw code conversion (in hardware side). So, By this way I will protect the frame loss .

And also I needs Android compatible (omnivision software) .

Regards

VinothS

Regards,
Vinothkumar Sekar
0 Kudos

weidong_sun
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi vinothkumar,

Unfortunately, it is very hard to find a camera module for customer's connector, Because each manufacturer's camera module interface definition is different, even if they use the same image sensor.

Usually, we need to select a camera module and design a adapter board to connect the camera to CPU board.

In addition, I have to clarify that there is no ISP module in i.MX6, customer can use GENERAL MODE to capture ov5647 image, but mxc_v4l2_capture driver didn't handle raw data. so the better choice for customer is to select a camera module with ISP function.

Have a nice day!
BR,

NXP TIC i.MX team Weidong

0 Kudos

vinothkumars
Senior Contributor IV

Hi weidong.sun‌ ,

Thank you for your reply.

If it possible please provide the good vendor for 0v5640/0v5645.

I have the compatible driver for ov5640 (from NXP BSP). If it possible please provide ov5640/ov5645 camera module good vendor. Because ov5640/ov5645 have the own raw code conversion.

I have ov5645 camera but this one have hardware problem. Please provide the good vendor.

Thanks & Regards,

VinothS.

Regards,
Vinothkumar Sekar
0 Kudos

weidong_sun
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi vinothkumar,

I don't know if you have understood my meaning. Many camera modules are based on OV5645/OV5640 Chipset, and signal definitions of these camera modules are different.

Before starting your design, you should firstly select a type of camera module, then select connectors according to it's datasheet, and define signals on the connector (according to datasheet). BUT now you defined signals on a connector on board by yourself, then you want to find a camera module to match your connector and signal definitions. This is almost impossible to accomplish.

So now you should select a camera module from provider, then according to it's datasheet, check if an adapter board is needed, if yes, please design one for your camera module!

Have a nice day!

BR,

Weidong

0 Kudos

vinothkumars
Senior Contributor IV

Hi weidong.sun‌ ,

Thank you for the reply. 

Thanks & Regards,

VInothS.

Regards,
Vinothkumar Sekar