cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem on running AN11782 LPC82x UART secondary bootloader

whtsang
Contributor I

Hi 

I am following the application "AN11782 LPC82x UART secondary bootloader" to build the secondary bootloader to LPC824.

If you compile the bootloader example and debug using lpcxpresso, its working well.

Even i terminate, power off and on the device, it can still working.

However, the chip is not working if i load the hex file to the chip using flash magic. 

Please see if anyone has met this case before and give advise

Regards

Nicky

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies

converse
Senior Contributor V

Have you added the checksum? This is done automatically by the debugger, but not necessarily when creating a hex image. See

https://community.nxp.com/thread/388993 

0 Kudos

Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello nicky tsang,

About "the chip is not working", could you please describe the problem in detail?

BR

Alice

0 Kudos

whtsang
Contributor I

Hi

There is App1 and App2 on the flash 0x2000 and 0x5000. If loading the code from the IDE, its able to execute the app based on the boot address at 0x1F40. Even I terminate the IDE and power up again, the bootloader can still execute the app.

However, I load the hex to the chip, I never be able to execute the app. 

Regards

Nicky

0 Kudos

Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Nicky,

When use Flash Magic download, please check whether erased some code by mistake ?

For example, first download App1, when download Bootloader , erased the App1.

Please debug as Attach only to compare the memory , with the memory data when using IDE :

Have a great day,
TIC

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos