MCIMX8M-EVK linux 源码以及开发环境

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MCIMX8M-EVK linux 源码以及开发环境

Contributor I

你好,我手上有一块MCIMX8M-EVK开发板,我现在需要跑一个linux系统到它上面,请问这块开发板的sdk或Linux源码(包括uboot以及文件系统)从哪里可以下载得到?编译烧录文档及工具从哪里可下载得到?

0 Kudos
5 Replies

Contributor I

Thanks a lot!

Now I run "bitbake fsl-image-validation-imx" successfully and get "fsl-image-validation-imx-imx8mmevk-20190515055209.rootfs.sdcard.bz2".

I also successfully made the tf boot card by running a command "sudo dd if=fsl-image-validation-imx-imx8mmevk-20190515055209.rootfs.sdcard of=/dev/sdc1 bs=1M conv=fsync".

My question is how to get the board to boot from the tf card?

Best regards!

0 Kudos

CarlosCasillas
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

In such case, you could refer to section 4.5 "How to boot the i.MX boards” from the “i.MX Linux User's Guide” document, also available on the L4.14.98_2.0.0_LINUX_DOCS package.

Hope this will be useful for you.
Best regards!
/Carlos
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

0 Kudos

Contributor I

I insert the flash card into the board and set boot_switch to "i.MX_Linux_User's_Guide.pdf".

Switch D1 D2 D3 D4
SW801 ON ON OFF OFF
SW802 ON OFF - -

Then power on the board, the result is that the board did not successfully start from sdcard, which step is the problem? How can I make the board run the image I compiled?

In addition, I tried to use the mfgtool tool to burn the board, but I used the usb type c cable to connect the board to my computer (win10), but mfgtool prompts “No Device Connected”. I have set the dialing code to

Switch D1 D2
SW802 OFF ON

0 Kudos

CarlosCasillas
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

Have you ensured that the flashed SD is for a i.MX8M and not for any other i.MX8 device? Because on the Thread title is mentioned MCIMX8M-EVK board, but you are pointing an image for the i.MX8M Mini (fsl-image-validation-imx-imx8mmevk). You could ensure the board is properly booting by checking the serial terminal (the micro-USB connector).

Regarding mfgtool, it is no longer supported on i.MX8 series. You should refer to the Universal Update Utility (uuu):

i.MX 8 Universal Update Utility (UUU) Tools and Pins Tool 

Best regards!
/Carlos
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

0 Kudos

CarlosCasillas
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,
The latest Linux BSP demo image for i.MX8MQ could be downloaded from the following webpage:

L4.14.98_2.0.0_MX8MQ

For guidelines about how to download and run the image, you could refer to the documentation package, available on the link below:

L4.14.98_2.0.0_LINUX_DOCS

Best regards!
/Carlos
Note: