Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ISP over SPI

Jump to solution
tdenis8
Contributor I

Hi everyone,

I am using a LPC5418 (OM13094 demo board).

I am trying to do ISP over SPI and after sending appropriate SPI command I would like to read response!

My first try was to simply read response by writing appropriate number of 0x00 to LPC and shifting out response. This works but I have problem that ISP command handler tries to decode those 0x00 and interprets them as new command! So at the end when executing next command I am getting response INVALID_COMMAND (0x55 0x00 0x04 0x00 0x01).

My quations are:
- Is there any special command that I need to use when reading response? Or I simply have to read response(from previous command) when executing next command?
- Is there any ISP over SPI host tool(example)?
- Better documentation on this topic than LPC546xx User manual?

Thanks!

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Tomislav Denis,

Thank you for your interest in NXP Semiconductor products and for the opportunity to serve you.
1) Is there any special command that I need to use when reading the response? Or I simply have to read response(from the previous command) when executing the next command?
-- The host will receive the response from the MCU after sending the command
2) Is there any ISP over SPI host tool(example)?
-- I'm afraid there's no similar tool as you want.
3) Better documentation on this topic than LPC546xx User manual?
-- No, I'm afraid not.
Have a great day,
TIC

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Tomislav Denis,

Thank you for your interest in NXP Semiconductor products and for the opportunity to serve you.
1) Is there any special command that I need to use when reading the response? Or I simply have to read response(from the previous command) when executing the next command?
-- The host will receive the response from the MCU after sending the command
2) Is there any ISP over SPI host tool(example)?
-- I'm afraid there's no similar tool as you want.
3) Better documentation on this topic than LPC546xx User manual?
-- No, I'm afraid not.
Have a great day,
TIC

Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

0 Kudos