How to get Charging Animation on Android 7 on IMX7.D

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to get Charging Animation on Android 7 on IMX7.D

meetthakkar
Contributor II

We have a IMX7.D running android 7.1.2 with uboot as bootloader. 

How to get a charging animation when device is switched off but user inserts charging pin ?

Currently device boots all the way up to the android which does not allow charging when device is turned off. 

Please let me know if Im missing any information required to answer the question.

Labels (2)
5 Replies

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Meet

also may be helpful below solution

Charger mode on i.MX8MQ and Android 8.1 

Best regards
igor

meetthakkar
Contributor II

I will try it; seems promising. Thank you igor. 

0 Kudos

meetthakkar
Contributor II

shivanipatel‌ I checked the thread for battery animation in uboot. But it seems rather old. 

we have 

NXP N7.1.2_2.0.0 u-boot source
http://git.freescale.com/git/cgit.cgi/imx/uboot-imx.git/snapshot/uboot-imx-n7.1.2_2.0.0-ga.tar.gz

0 Kudos

shivanipatel
Senior Contributor II

Hi, Meet Thakkar

It would be helpful if you can provide below information:

• Are you able to charge your device in normal mode? i.e. while the device is switched on and plugged in with the charging pin.
  • When the battery of your device is fully drained, then you plug the charging pin and your device is starting to boot. As per your query, you are not able to charge the device after this. So, can you please check by measuring the battery voltage and let us know whether charging voltage increases or not?

In order to add boot animation in android, you can refer below links:

1. Question 15 in Android_Frequently_Asked_Questions.pdf
  2. how to get the battery animation in u-boot

Hope, this will help you.

Regards,

Shivani

meetthakkar
Contributor II

HI Shivani, Thank you for reply.

Yes. I am always able to charge the device even after its fully drained. 

When device is "off" and user plugs in usb cable the PMIC boots up the CPU and uboot is loaded 

after that android OS starts. 

instead of starting android we just want to show charging status, so device does not boot Android OS and become fully functional.

I think this thread is more useful to me I will try to check that.->how to get the battery animation in u-boot