K64 reset pin has sawtooth wave

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

K64 reset pin has sawtooth wave

为何梁
Contributor I

The MK64FN1M0VLL12 samples I ordered from the official website of NXP, a total of 5 pieces, were tested on the minimum system I drew. Saw-tooth waves occurred on reset pin of all chips, and the chip was reset all the time. As a result, the chip could not be connected to jlink, the program could not be downloaded, and flash could not be erased.JLINK also cannot identify the chip, may I ask what is the reason?I welded the old chip that could be used normally to the minimum system, and the program could be downloaded normally, indicating that there should be no problem with the minimum system.This batch of samples are welded to other PCB, and the same phenomenon occurs. The reset pin has saw-tooth wave, and the voltage is about 1.28v. Also, i cannot unlock with unlock kinetis command in jlink commander. Unlock timeout will be prompted.pastedImage_1.pngpastedImage_2.pngpastedImage_3.png

0 Kudos
5 Replies

Robin_Shen
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Please refer: How To Sucessfully Program a Custom made Kinetis Microcontroller Board.

Best Regards,

Robin

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

为何梁
Contributor I

hello, i really need some help, please

best regards!

thank you!

Weihe

0 Kudos

Robin_Shen
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

If you have turned on 'mass erase disabled' with 'readout protection' (How (not) to Secure my Microcontroller | MCU on Eclipse), then I'm affraid you have to unsolder it as it is really bricked.

If not and if you have a J-Link, you can try to use the approach described in Unlocking and Erasing FLASH with Segger J-Link | MCU on Eclipse .

If you are using MCUXpresso IDE, it comes with a 'resurrection' tool in the GUI Flash programmer inside the IDE:

pastedImage_3.png

Best Regards,

Robin

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos

为何梁
Contributor I

Ssorry, I follow your suggestions, but it didn't work. I do a chip(MK64FX512VLL12) work normally on my custom board without any change.So it means there are no problems with my board. But, all the six chips of MK64FN1M0VLL12 don't work with my board, I do test them one by one very carefully. The temperature of weldding is below 350 centigrade and the in touch time between branding iron and the chip do not exceeded 5 sec. Any other suggestions for me? Thank you!

Best Regards, 

Weihe 

0 Kudos

为何梁
Contributor I

I used the method in the link:How To Sucessfully Program a Custom made Kinetis Microcontroller Board

after i did , the reset pin waveform like follow:

pastedImage_2.jpg

i try to do that:

1. power off the borad

2. hold on the reset button

3. power on the borad

4. debug or erase whole device,

but it still not work. i make sure that the NMI_b is pull up to 3.3v.

There are only JLink in my lab, no PEmicro, following is what I did, is it right? 

pastedImage_1.png

then the console show me following:

-----------------------------------------console msg-----------------------------------------------------------

fl::target -lc "LC for Simple Flash"
fl::target -b 0x1fff0000 0x40000
fl::target -v off -l off
cmdwin::fl::device -d "FTFE_PFlash1M0" -o "128Kx64x1" -a 0x0 0xfffff
cmdwin::fl::erase all
Beginning Operation ...
-------------------------
Performing target initialization ...
failed on register write: LR
failed on register write: DEMCR
failed on register write: DWT_FUNCTION0
failed on register write: DWT_FUNCTION1
failed on register write: DWT_FUNCTION2
failed on register write: DWT_FUNCTION3
failed on register write: FP_COMP0
failed on register write: FP_COMP1
failed on register write: FP_COMP2
failed on register write: FP_COMP3
failed on register write: FP_COMP4
failed on register write: FP_COMP5
failed on register write: DWT_CTRL
failed on register write: DWT_CYCCNT
failed on register write: DWT_CPICNT
failed on register write: DWT_EXCCNT
failed on register write: DWT_SLEEPCNT
failed on register write: DWT_LSUCNT
failed on register write: DWT_FOLDCNT
failed on register write: DWT_COMP0
failed on register write: DWT_COMP1
failed on register write: DWT_COMP2
failed on register write: DWT_COMP3
failed on register write: DWT_MASK0
failed on register write: DWT_MASK1
failed on register write: DWT_MASK2
failed on register write: DWT_MASK3
failed on register write: ITM_LAR
failed on register write: ITM_TER
failed on register write: ITM_TPR
failed on register write: ITM_TCR
failed on register write: ITM_LAR
failed on register write: ETF_FCR
failed on register write: SCB_VTOR
Downloading Flash Device Driver ...
Error: Couldn't write flash driver to target. Can not read target memory at location: 0x000000001FFF0000.Please make sure that the chip selects are properly configured.
The CWPP response code is: ARM GDI Protocol Adapter : An error occurred while trying to write memory. The Debugger can not write m
emory..
An error occurred while trying to write memory. The Debugger can not write memory.(ARM GDI Protocol Adapter)
Error: Couldn't write flash driver to target.Can not read target memory at location: 0x000000001FFF0000.
Please make sure that the chip selects are properly configured.
The CWPP response code is: ARM GDI Protocol Adapter : An error occurred while trying to write memory. The Debugger can not write m
emory.

-----------------------------------------above is console msg-----------------------------------------------------------.

0 Kudos