Would you please advise whether NXP's ZigBee HA profile supports Window Covering cluster

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Would you please advise whether NXP's ZigBee HA profile supports Window Covering cluster

LChll
Contributor III

Would you please advise whether NXP's ZigBee HA profile supports Window Covering cluster?

• What should I do if It not supported?

• Can it be added as a custom cluster?

• How do I add a custom cluster?

ad
Labels (2)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

Sebastian_Del_Rio
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Linklai, I hope you're doing well!

I'm really sorry to say that, currently, NXP's Home Automation profile does not support shade and window covering solutions. You can find more information about this in this document right here.

As for creating custom clusters, maybe this guide right here will be able to help you create your own implementation of this cluster.

Best regards,

Sebastian

0 Kudos

LChll
Contributor III

Thank you very mach.

I can take a custom cluster as a Window Covering?For example, the custom cluster identifier is 0x0102.What steps need to be taken?

ad
0 Kudos

Sebastian_Del_Rio
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Linklai, I hope you're doing well!

To create a custom endpoint, you can refer to the following application note, JN-AN-1229, which is a ZPS application template.

In 1229, you can check to see how the .zpscfg file is configured, adding a new cluster, endpoint and APDU for the functionality you're going to add. AS you can see in the picture below, you have to add these configurations to all three of your device types, the coordinator, the router and end devices:

pastedImage_1.png

To work with your newly created endpoint and cluster, you need to create an event handler, such as the one located in the app_endpoint.c file in the 1229 application note. You can also check the app_main.c file in the JN-AN-1219 application note, specifically, the APP_taskSwitch() function, where the device is polling for events, and it can act upon the event that happened.

Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Best regards,

Sebastian

0 Kudos