cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to download LPC80x processor data for Config Tools from MCUXpresso IDE

roberto74
Contributor I

Hi,

When I try to use Open Pins on one of the examples that come with the development boards OM40000 and OM40001 for the LPC802 and LPC804, I receive the following error when Config Tools tries the initially download the processor data for either LPC802 or LPC804.

I'm using the latest MCUXpresso IDE version to Open Pins from the Config Tools.

pastedImage_1.png

I tried this at the office as well from home where in both situations the internet connection is working fine with other applications.

Can someone help me and tell me what I'm doing wrong in order to get Config Tools Open Pins succesfully opened for an example of the LPC802/LPC804 SDK?

Kind regards,

Robert

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies

liborukropec
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Robert,

could you please

a) attach C:\Users\<your-user>\.nxp\swtools.log

b) attach <your-workspace>\.metadata\.log file

c) confirm if you have configured a proxy in the system or not?

d) test if you have write permission into the C:\ProgramData\NXP\mcu_data_v5

I hope based on the log files we will be able to find the root cause.

Regards,

Libor

0 Kudos

roberto74
Contributor I

Hi Libor,

Since I had McuXpresso and ConfigTools (standalone) both installed on my system, I removed the ConfigTools (standaone).

Hereafter McuXpresso was able to Open Pins, Open Clock, etcetera.

So currently my problem is fixed but for completeness I've attached the files you requested.

Kind regards,

Robert

0 Kudos

liborukropec
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Robert,

from the log it seems the problem is with the permissions to the folder C:\ProgramData\NXP\mcu_data_v5 or maybe the parent C:\ProgramData\NXP. Ideally if you could set the C:\ProgramData\NXP as writable for everyone and reset the permissions for the nested files and folders. Or completely (re)move the C:\ProgramData\NXP folder and let the tool to re-download the data again.

Please note that I saw (corporate) computers that had C:\ProgramData not writable for everyone, so in this case you'd need manually create the NXP folder with proper write permissions for everyone/your user.

Regards,

Libor

0 Kudos

roberto74
Contributor I

Hi Libor,

That’s what I forget to mention indeed, I also checked that we’re not using a proxy server and the folder C:\ProgramData\NXP\mcu_data_v5 is writeable.

Currently I’m local admin on my system.

Kind regards,

Robert

0 Kudos

ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Please check if this doc can help you

https://community.nxp.com/docs/DOC-340057 

Jun Zhang

0 Kudos