Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Settings for DDR

ko-hey
Senior Contributor II

Hi all,

I have question about settings for DDR

The comments in the [Register Configuration] sheet J73 and J77 in the following file are described in the following two stages.

https://community.nxp.com/docs/DOC-105963

1st step: Settings other than PWDT_0 and PWDT_1

2nd step: PWDT_0, PWDT_1 settings

The reference manual does not contain instructions to set two levels, but does user need to set two steps ?

If necessary, please tell us how much time between 1st step and 2nd step should be left.

There are two registers that can set the ODT value of DRAM_DATA [63: 0]. When setting the ODT value, can you tell which register's ODT value will be reflected?

IOMUX C_SW_PAD_CTL_GRP_TERM_CTL 0 to 7 [ODT] field

MPODTCTRL ODTx_INT_RES field

Ko-hey

Labels (4)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

Yuri
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

Below are comments regarding the issue.

Generally customers can follow section 44.4.2 (MMDC initialization) of the recent

i.MX 6Dual/6Quad Reference Manual, Rev. 5, 06/2018. The i.MX6DQ SABRE SDP/B DDR3

Register Programming Aid, published in Community, provides the tool with more detailed

explanation.

https://community.nxp.com/docs/DOC-105963 

Customers can look at the example of memory initialization script, which

is presented on the “RealView .inc file” sheet of the RPA Excel file.

Note, the mentioned delay between the two stages is not specified.

It is recommended to use only MMDC_MPODTCTRL register to configure ODT of i.MX6.

Have a great day,
Yuri.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos