Bare Metal Solutions for i.MX6SoloX

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bare Metal Solutions for i.MX6SoloX

aivchenko
Contributor II

I understand most people are running Yocto on SoloX boards (this is what comes with Sabre SD board and makes life easier to support all peripherals). However Linux is not as fast as running monolithic kernel OS like uC/OS or FreeRTOS on any CPU.

Let me ask a few questions:

1. What are good solutions/providers that have drivers written for FreeRTOS, ThreadX or other similar OSes. What other people find the easiest path to move from Linux to lightweight RTOS?

2. Is there a software evaluation kit where I can boot into one of these RTOSes and exercise major peripherals of SoloX without the need to spend time writing my own drivers

3. What drivers are supported? For example in FreeRTOS BSP I don't see drivers for Ethernet controller or LCD video or MMC controller or USB.

What would you recommend?

Thanks,

--Alex

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

mtx512
Contributor V

We have done quite a bit of work on SoloX see examples here. The current FeeeRTOS BSP is intended to run on the M4 core and your right in that supported peripheral set is limited (ie gpio, ic2, spi etc), this partly because the A9 and M4 cores need to synchronous there access to the peripherals which can be challenging to implement when both are running. The main advantage of the SoloX is that you can the real time activities on the M4 with minimal interference from the A9.

You could run bare metal code on the A9 if want/need a higher level of performance or control.

0 Kudos

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Alex

1. NXP provides freertos for i.MX6SX on

i.MX Software | NXP 

2. please check i.MX6SX Sabre SD kit

i.MX 6SoloX SABRE Development Board | NXP 

3. supported drivers are described in documentation included in freertos package

Additional drivers, if necessary can be developed with help of

NXP Professional Services | NXP 

Best regards
igor
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos