cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem when installing usb driver for windows7 on MIMXRT1060-EVK

brunolemesle
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello, I get the MIMXRT1060-EVK evaluation board.

I've installed  the SDK_2.5.0_EVK-MIMXRT1060, from SDK builder and then I'm trying to run

usb example : dev_cdc_vcom_bm

I can build and debbug my application via  mbed Serial Com Port

but

I want to have the input serial port console by plugging a second micro usb cable to EVT J9 connector link to my PC, but it's not working

When I plug cable, the usb driver doesn't instally correctly and in the Device manager I can see MCU VIRTUAL COM DEMO

1.jpg

So I try to reinstall manually usb driver found in SDK: ~\boards\evkmimxrt1060\usb_examples\usb_device_cdc_vcom\inf

pastedImage_3.png

but get following error:

pastedImage_4.png

and device never appears in COM ports of my computer

Thanks for your help,

Bruno

Labels (1)
4 Replies

brunolemesle
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

Finally I resolve my issue with following thread:"MCU VIRTUAL COM DEMO" and demo app for USB-KW24D512 - can't find driver

https://community.nxp.com/thread/444565

Thanks! Jorge Antonio for your response,

Bruno

0 Kudos

jorge_a_vazquez
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Bruno Lemesle

In the first image, could you select the Driver tab? this demo uses the Usbser.sys driver that is in the windows system:

pastedImage_1.png

Also, just to confirm, SDK: ~\boards\evkmimxrt1060\usb_examples\usb_device_cdc_vcom\inf you have unzip the SDK package, correct?

I would try to corroborate that the file works correctly, and if you have issues, look for the USBser driver.

Hope this helps
Have a great day,
TIC

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

kennethkonesky
Contributor II

We are Having the same problem with an iMXRT1052.  the usbser driver will NOT work on windows 7, but works just find on windows 10.  We have tried all kinds of things.  Does anyone at NXP have the current windows driver for the RT?  It usually says there is a problem with the driver and no COM port shows up under windows device manager PORTS.

Thanks

0 Kudos

kennethkonesky
Contributor II

Windows says to get such a driver from the vendor, in this case NXP.

0 Kudos