AnsweredAssumed Answered

Unable to flash new code in rapid iot board

Question asked by Niranjan ravi on Mar 14, 2019
Latest reply on Mar 21, 2019 by Niranjan ravi

Hi,

I am working with Rapid IoT currently. The board was working fine when I download the bin files through rapid Iot studio online [https://rapid-iot-studio.nxp.com/ ]. I searched through examples in the community to flash a program using MCU xpresso into rapid iot board using hexiwear docking station.  I found this demo RapidIoT:  Led Matrix Easy & Quick start demo 

I modified the code a bit to add my functionality. It was working fine. I was able to debug the code and visualize it in console. 

The I tried to flash "hello world" the demo example from rapid iot k64F SDK using the docking station and rapid iot board placed in it . But the debug of "hello world" was not working and it was debugging this previous demo RapidIoT: Led Matrix Easy & Quick start demo

The leds near SW1 in rapid Iot board was glowing blue and white color.

I tried all the reset methods which was there in documentation. But nothing helped. It keeps on debugging the same demo over and over whenever I try. 

Please note that jumper pins are set for K64F board in docking station -  11001000. 

I am not sure why this is happening. The rapid Iot seems to be stable when i use studio IDE to flash the code  but not MCUxpresso. Why is this happening ? I am not able to understand. This is the second time I am facing this issue. Last time my rapid Iot board crashed when I tried to work with MCU xpresso and it never booted again. 

I have attached my project with this. Can someone take a look into it. Any pointers would be highly helpful.

Thanks in advance.

Thanks and Regards

Niranjan Ravi.

Outcomes