cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MC9S08PL16 Bootloader Example

0800200c9a66
Contributor I

Hello,

I am in need of a concrete example showing how to implement the Developer’s Serial Bootloader from AN2295 on an MC9S08PL16.

I have been researching how to implement this, but seem to be plagued with dead links, incomplete download packages, and a general lack of awareness on how this needs to be completed.

I would like to know where to obtain the bootloader slave firmware, and how to configure/install it on the MC9S08PL16 processor. 

I would like to know where to obtain the host application and how to configure/load the s19 file over serial to the slave.

In my specific case, I have written an application with Processor Expert in CW 11.1. I am able to load this application and debug/run on the MC9S08PL16 using a PE Multilink Universal. My application makes use of the watchdog timer, SCI0, MTIM0, and a few GPIO. Now, I would like to add the bootloader to be able to load new application firmware over serial.

Please let me know if you have experience bootloading this uC.

Thanks.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
4 Replies

vicentegomez
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi I found this old sample, this is for the s08pt60 but it can help you, please check it 

Regards

0 Kudos

jonathanmcclain
Contributor I

Hello Vicente.

Would you happen to have a similarly updated AN2295 project for the DZ60, which would work on CW 10.7 and above? 

I have the project software for AN2295SW, but the settings for the S08DZ are all old *.mcp projects, and Codewarrior 10.7 will not import it correctly.  I have been trying to rebuild that project for the DZ60 in CW 10.7 with no luck.    

It seems that any work with AN2295 software ended around 2012.  Is there an updated AN2295SW project zip that is compatible with CW 10.7 or higher?

Thanks much,

Jon

0 Kudos

tonyp
Senior Contributor II

If it doesn't have to be this specific one, there is a different DZ60 bootloader available here: GitHub

0 Kudos

0800200c9a66
Contributor I

I modified this code and it works now. Thanks.

0 Kudos