cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S32k148: Debug Flash and Debug Ram

saad_saeed
Contributor III

Hello,

I am using s32k148 board. I have open and example project lwip_s32k148. By default the configuration which is set for debugging is Debug_RAM. The snapshot of project setting at default are given below

CaptureDebug_RAM.PNG

Now, I had a requirement that I had to use the .BIN file of my project and burn it directly using 'JLINK Segger' application. For that I created a binary by going in to project settings and changing the project settings to Debug_Flash (active) and enabling the Create flash image. The image is shown below

debug_flash.png   After Clicking OK, I again went into project settings select the S32DS Create Flash Image tab in where i choose the     output file format to Raw_Binary. I clicked OK, build the project and the binary was created in the Debug_FLASH folder  by the name of lwip_s32k148.bin. I used this binary, flash this using the JLINK Segger application and everything went perfectly fine. Now the problem is when I want to debug my project using S32 design studio, revert my configuration again to Debug_Ram and debug using lwip_s32k148 DEBUG_FLASH_jlink. My application is not running. I use to debug the application the same way I used to debug the application before.

Help would be appreciated.

Regards,

Saad.

0 Kudos
1 Reply

stanish
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Saad,

First, you cannot mix your Debug_Flash binary image with Debug_RAM generated elf file  (debug information) - these are completely different files so the symbols does not fit at all.

See e.g. this https://community.nxp.com/message/1017225 

If I understand your sequence correctly -  you have programmed the .bin file into the target MCU using an external flasher and now you would like to attach to the running target via Segger probe and debug the project.

For this purpose you can adjust segger j-link debug configuration that will just connect to the running target instead of programming the mcu:

pastedImage_1.png

I don't quite understand why you generate bin file and you don't program the elf via segger J-link debug configuration in S32DS.

Hope it helps.

Stan

0 Kudos