cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Static Code Analysis Tool cppcheck on MCUXpresso IDE

zhiqunhu
Contributor III

Hello,

I am trying to use cppcheck, a static code analysis tool with MCUXpresso, the tool is easy to install and use. But I am consistently have a problem complaining about 'IO Console Updater' has encounter a problem, after that I have manually close MCUXpresso to get out of it. I thought it may related to installation of either ccppcheck or MCUXpresso, so I have uninstalled both MCUXpresso and cppcheck, but I still got the same problem.

I am wondering if somebody else has encounter the same problem to shed me some light.

Thanks,

Zhiqun Hu

0 Kudos
5 Replies

zhiqunhu
Contributor III

Have reported the issue to cppcheck forum, and here is the link.

cppcheck / Discussion / General Discussion:Integration of cppcheck on MCUXpresso IDE 

0 Kudos

zhiqunhu
Contributor III

The issue is related to the cppcheclipse configuration. I have been played with that and found the following configuration will cause the crash, please refer to the attachment. If the configuration is changed to different setup it works fine.

Also, the result run after hello_world is the normal ending of check, the result lists all the errors and warnings if there are any. I have tried on real project and get good results out of it.

0 Kudos

BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

So this confirms it is not an MCUXpresso IDE issue, but a cppcheck one. As suggested, you should report this to the cppcheck forum.

0 Kudos

zhiqunhu
Contributor III

Update.

I have stepped back to start with an example project, hello_world, a common platform for comparison but I got different error message this time. Please see attached screenshot.

Zhiqun

0 Kudos

BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Can you check the .log file inside your workspace metadata folder?

I can say that it works fine for my projects in MCUXpresso IDE 10.3.1. I suggest you check the cppcheck / Discussion / Forums  as that forum is focused on CppCheck.

0 Kudos