cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Regarding accessing external flash from MPC5777c using DSPI

vignesh_v
Contributor III

Hi, 

I need to read and write and flash 128MB FLASH - NOR (cypress semiconductor) flash from mpc5777c using DSPI  (DSPI_C) . How to start with it any application note or example present for the same. kindly guide me through.

Labels (1)
Tags (3)
0 Kudos
6 Replies

vignesh_v
Contributor III

Thanks. I got what u said but what i wanted to ask the memory i use is very similar to one used..if u could explain how to use it for read instruction 0x9F  for SPI memory S25FL129 it would be helpful for me to get a an idea for the same. I'm slightly in doubt how to read one byte of manufacture followed by 2 bytes of device id. if u could explain the same for memory thats been used in the example it would be helpful.

Thanks In Advance.

0 Kudos

vignesh_v
Contributor III

Thanks for the help. One Query,

In the example the READ ID command is used (0X90)  to read manufacture ID and device ID

If it has to be read with 0x9F command how to proceed with it can u kindly help.?

Thanks In Advance

0 Kudos

davidtosenovjan
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

A file dspi_S25FL129.h contains commands for SPI memory S25FL129. Please edit it or create your own file for the memory you are using. Command set you should find in the datasheet of specific external memory.

0 Kudos

davidtosenovjan
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi, I have an example code for the device's predecessor MPC5676R:

https://community.nxp.com/docs/DOC-335461 

Hope it helps

0 Kudos

vignesh_v
Contributor III

Thanks but can the framework used for mpc5777c or it is vastly different from each other.

0 Kudos

davidtosenovjan
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Here you may find some example codes for MPC5777C as well.

https://community.nxp.com/docs/DOC-329623 

DSPI module itself is the same so it should not be difficult combine it together.

0 Kudos