cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

i.MX6QP SDB - Enable LVDS0 support

devikar
Contributor II

Hello,

We've set-up the Yocto BSP with 4.9.11-1.0 version and are able to flash the images to the eMMC via USB.

We have the requirement to set-up dual display HDMI & LVDS0 on the i.MX6QP. 

The HDMI display was enabled by using the below command and it worked fine. 

setenv displayinfo 'video=mxcfb0:dev=hdmi,1920x1080M@60,if=RGB24 video=mxcfb1:dev=ldb,if=RGB666'

However, the LVDS0 display in isolation doesn't seems to be working even after using the below u-boot environment set-up -

setenv displayinfo 'video=mxcfb0:dev=ldb,if=RGB666'

We've connected the external LCD having the 640x460 resolution with the 18-bit interface. 

The above command is a reference from i.MX Linux® User's Guide, Rev. L4.9.11_1.0.0   

Are we missing any other steps necessary to enable this feature? 

I believe it is a tested feature and must work, hopefully it is just the configuration issue. 

Please help us with the details/steps needed to use this feature (LVDS0)

Regards,

Devika

0 Kudos
3 Replies

devikar
Contributor II

Hello,

We are able to find out the issue.

In rootfs LVDS1 was set as primary display,hence we were not able to use LVDS0.

Regards,

Devika

0 Kudos

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Devika

for new lcd it is necessary to adjust timings "display-timings" as in example on

i.MX6Q LVDS Wrong clock issue 

and use appropriate linux boot command line as in example in

sect.4.7 Running Linux OS on the target attached Linux Guide

Best regards
igor
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

devikar
Contributor II

Hi ,

I have done changes in the file mx6sabresd.c (board/freescale/mx6sabresd/mx6sabresd.c) as it is mentioned in the link https://community.nxp.com/thread/355690 ,still the display is not working.

It will be helpful if anybody share the clear idea on how to use LVDS0 as primary display.

Regards,

Devika

0 Kudos