cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to use connectivity tool with wuart using QN9080

asi
Contributor I

Hi,

I am trying to use the development board for qn9080 with the USB dongle.

I am running the wuart example on the board, when I use the IoT Toolbox, I am able to read and write to the device. The problem begins when I try to use the connectivity tool to communicate with the USB dongle.  I either get an error about that the enables are not correct or when I try to write data, the application crashes.

As well I do not understand where do I see the data that is sent from the development board to the dongle.

When I try to check for the battery level I get the value that I expect to see, so I know that the device can communicate with the application.

Hope you will be able to put me on the right direction since I need to use the communication between the pc and the development kit in order to evaluate the device for my project.

Thanks,

Asi.

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

asi
Contributor I

Hi Estephania,

I am referring to the QN9080-DK, the Connectivity Qtool and I am using the 1.3 dongle version. I have checked the manual but I did not found any reference about how to use the wuart tab under server nor client. When I try to send data from the server the application crashes.

I am able to use the wuart from the android application. but when I try to use the pc connectivity Qtool I get an error when I try to press check DB under the wuartc tab see the image.

pastedImage_1.png

As well I want to build a custom pc app and I can not find an example of how to use the FSCI protocol do you have a code example in c# or other language about how to use the protocol?

Thanks,

Asi.

0 Kudos

estephania_mart
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello, 

We do not have such an example code, we usually use either the Connectivity QTool or the Test Tool. You might be missing some steps during the usage and connection of your device. Which are the commands you are sending and the order of those? 

The best guide we have through the FSCI commands might be the Framework Serial Connectivity Interface (FSCI) for Bluetooth® Low Energy (BLE) Host Stack which not only explains the messages available but also which responses you need to receive and the meaning of those. 

Regards, 

Estephania 

0 Kudos

estephania_mart
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello, 

When you mention the development board, are you referring to the QN9080-DK?

Also, when you mention the connectivity tool, do you mean the Connectivity QTool ?  I will strongly recommend you to check the UM11085 Connectivity QTool User Manual as I believe it might solve your doubts regarding the Connectivity QTool. 

The packets sent are in FSCI format,  you can check for a better understanding the BLE Host Stack FSCI Reference Manual, this is available in the QN9080 documentation. 

I'm not sure if you are using the board's version 1.2 or 1.3, but maybe you can check as well this post: QN9080 USB Dongle 

Hope it helps, 

Regards, 

Estephania 

0 Kudos