Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to flash RCW binary/ Hard-coded RCW using lauterbach

Jump to solution
vinothkumars
Senior Contributor IV

Hi Team,

Thank you for all your support.

I am using Lauterbach Trace32 Debugger with T4240RDB target. I done the rcw.bin flash. but, after flash I got target processor in reset trace32 error. I tried with 0xe8000000 for NOR flash.

What is the default RCW location for flash for T4240 target in NOR flash for RCW binary (1. flash rcw.bin)?

and,

What is the default RCW location for flash for T4240 target in NOR flash for RCW hardcoded value (2. flash hardcoded rcw value)?

1. flash rcw.bin

FLASH.UNLOCK ALL
FLASH.ReProgram 0xE8000000--0xE801FFFF
DIALOG.FILE.OPEN "~~/rcw.bin"
ENTRY %LINE &bootRomFile
Data.LOAD.Binary "&bootRomFile" 0xE8000000--0xE801FFFF
FLASH.ReProgram.off

Result:

target processor in reset trace32 error

2. flash hardcoded rcw value

FLASH.List
FLASH.AUTO ALL
Data.COPY VM:0x0++0x4F 0xF8000000
Data.dump C:0xF8000000++0x4F /Long /DIALOG
DIALOG.YESNO "Do you really want to overwrite the RCW as displayed?"

0xF8000000 i don't know what address this one.

Thanks, VinothS

Regards,
Vinothkumar Sekar
Labels (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
alexander_yakov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

NOR flash base address and size is configured in your debugger target initialization script. There is no default address, you have to configure it explicitly. RCW is programmed at the beginning of the flash.

Hardcoded RCW is stored inside the processor, not in external flash.

Have a great day,
Alexander
TIC

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
alexander_yakov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

NOR flash base address and size is configured in your debugger target initialization script. There is no default address, you have to configure it explicitly. RCW is programmed at the beginning of the flash.

Hardcoded RCW is stored inside the processor, not in external flash.

Have a great day,
Alexander
TIC

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos
vinothkumars
Senior Contributor IV

Hi Alexander,

Thank you for your reply.

Please provide the support for this thread " https://community.nxp.com/thread/493639 "

Regards, VinothS

Regards,
Vinothkumar Sekar
0 Kudos
alexander_yakov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Sorry, there is no support for Lauterbach available from NXP. Please contact Lauterbach support at support@lauterbach.com

0 Kudos