Connect QN9080 with Android

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connect QN9080 with Android

marc_codina
Contributor I

I'm having trouble connecting my own Android app via BLE to the QN9080DK board.

Using the NXP IoT Toolbox app I am able to connect the DK board using the UART interface but I couldn’t find the way by using Android BLE examples or using a UART Terminal app after trying several other approaches (including a laptop application using the BLE Microsoft terminal). In all cases, I’m always getting BLE Status 19 error.

I have been investigating your communities but I haven’t found any useful solution.
So I wander if you can provide me the code you use for BLE communication or can you guide me on what might be causing the error? In the past we used BLE modules from other vendors (Nordic, NXP, etc.) and we never found such troubles, since we can start from their app source code to build ours.

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

estephania_mart
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello, 

Which example are you working with? Also, which IDE did you use to download the code to your board? Also, which SDK version are you using ? 

Regards, 

Estephania

0 Kudos

marc_codina
Contributor I

Hello,

I am working with "bluetooth wireless uart" example from SDK 2.2.0. The IDE used was MCUXpresso 10.2.1

Regards,

Marc

0 Kudos

estephania_mart
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello, 

The IoT Toolbox mobile application features NXP’s proprietary tools/applications, including:

• NXP BLE Beacon.
  • Wireless UART.
  • Over-The-Air Programming (OTAP)

The Wireless UART application implements both the GATT client and server for the custom Wireless UART profile and services.

The APP needs to implement service_wireless_uart otherwise the device will BleServDisc_FindService fails and disconnect.

Maybe these other posts can help you too. 

Regards

0 Kudos