KE06Z Processor Expert - Send CAN Frame Issues

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

KE06Z Processor Expert - Send CAN Frame Issues

michaeljwilson
Contributor II

Hello all, I'm working on a KDS 3.0 Processor Expert project using the FRDM-KE06 board for CAN development.

I am able to configure the board on a basic level but have trouble sending and receiving CAN messages, both the RX and TX interrupts don't trigger and it seems as if the KE06 is resending the same message. (CAN Statistics show 86% bus load). When I add another node, the KE06 begins to send error frames. I'm not sure what is going on here. Please see the attach KDS project.

TempCapture.PNG

Note: I have seen other posts about a possible bug where PEX doesn't generate the code in CAN_Init.c. that was shared by Alice_Yang https://community.nxp.com/thread/386975, I tried that.

I think I may have a different issue here.

0 Kudos
2 Replies

Hui_Ma
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

I test attached code with FRDM-KE06Z board and get below CAN frame.

I don't find there with the error message.

pastedImage_1.png

If you want the eight byte be 0x7, please mask below code with red block:

pastedImage_2.png

Wish it helps.

Have a great day,
Mike

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

Hui_Ma
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

HI Michael,

NXP recommend customer to use MCUXpresso IDE software and MCUXpresso SDK package for KE06 product.

If you are using KE06 product for new product design, I would recommend to use MCUXpresso IDE and MCUXpresso SDK software package.

There with very limited support resource of KDS IDE and Processor Expert tool so far. Sorry for the inconvenience.

I will check your code and reply later.

Thank you for the patience.

Have a great day,
Mike

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos