cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is MISR and how to calculate MISR?

Jump to solution
allenlw
Contributor III

From the document of the SSD for C55 flash, I know MISR is a struct that include ten uint32 type parameter. But I dont know what is MISR and how to calculate it ?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
davidtosenovjan
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Flash array integrity check is a safety feature implemented in order to detect possible latent faults affecting the flash array or the logic involved in read operations (e.g. sense amplifiers, column muxes, address decoder, voltage/timing references).
It uses MISR value calculated above the whole or specified part of internal flash memory. This checksum value is being calculated with the tool included in the flash driver folder (MISR_C55.exe). If properly configured, flash array integrity check is done during runtime.

Here you may find example code (you haven't specified used device, the example is prepared for MPC5744P, other examples you may possibly find on the link at the very bottom):

Example MPC5744P FlashArrayIntegrityCheck test SSD GHS614 

https://community.nxp.com/docs/DOC-329623 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
davidtosenovjan
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Flash array integrity check is a safety feature implemented in order to detect possible latent faults affecting the flash array or the logic involved in read operations (e.g. sense amplifiers, column muxes, address decoder, voltage/timing references).
It uses MISR value calculated above the whole or specified part of internal flash memory. This checksum value is being calculated with the tool included in the flash driver folder (MISR_C55.exe). If properly configured, flash array integrity check is done during runtime.

Here you may find example code (you haven't specified used device, the example is prepared for MPC5744P, other examples you may possibly find on the link at the very bottom):

Example MPC5744P FlashArrayIntegrityCheck test SSD GHS614 

https://community.nxp.com/docs/DOC-329623 

0 Kudos
allenlw
Contributor III

Thanks, David. I already have the flash driver folder that include the MISR_C55.exe. I will check this example later.

0 Kudos