IMX 6 LCD controller, SSD1322, 8080mode

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IMX 6 LCD controller, SSD1322, 8080mode

alvenwu
Contributor I

HI  I am using arm cortex A7  chip , which can be running in 8080 mode to connect to the SSD 1322 oled  controller. 

1.However , I am confusing about the hardware connection with the SSD1322 controller. 

Do we need to use GPIO to control the CS , RS , WR ,RD signals ?   or just configure the LCD controller to transfer data in 8080 mode ? 

2. and I saw a "run" bit in CTRL register , does it mean every time data transfer , we should set it to '1'  to start the transfer ?

3. how to configure the display time cycle?  just enable the clock ?  

thanks.

0 Kudos
5 Replies

alvenwu
Contributor I

HI Currenly , I am using the LCD controller to connect to the OLE SSD1322 to display something.

Seems the simple commands like display on/off work well , but when it comes to the command+ data pairs , it doesn't work at all. nothing could display except the raw display screen.

Could anyone give some advice about that ?thanks. 

0 Kudos

alvenwu
Contributor I

HI Actually , I try to use it on FreeRTOS platform. However , it seems to be used in Linux . After going through the document , I still can not understand these bits' meaning . Could anyone explain for that ?

0 Kudos

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

eLCDIF register descriptions can be found in documentation, for example

Chapter 32 Enhanced LCD Interface (eLCDIF) i.MX6UL Reference Manual 

http://www.nxp.com/docs/en/reference-manual/IMX6ULRM.pdf

Best regards
igor

0 Kudos

alvenwu
Contributor I

Hi igor, 

thanks for your support.

However ,  the reference manual doesnot describes clearly how to configure LCD controller into 8080mode to communicate with oled mode. 

could you give me some sample code ?  how to configure the display clock ? should we use the 'run' bit in CTRL register ? rather confused 

0 Kudos

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Alven

processors with eLCDIF, like i.MX7D or i.MX6UL supports 8080 mode

https://community.nxp.com/docs/DOC-331754 

Detailed description can be found in eLCDIF Chapter of Reference Manual of used processor.

Best regards
igor
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos