cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding SDK components to a project

Jump to solution
marcellocampani
Contributor II

I have added the SDK in the zipped mode.

I created a new SDK project and added some of the drivers/components needed by the project.

But I haven't found the way to add a driver/middleware/component to the created project... I can see the content of the SDK in the Installed SDK's view, I can open the source, but nothing else..

I also tried with drag&drop ... nothing happens.

1 Solution
BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Chad,

adding/removing components after project creation is not possible in the current version/release of MCUXpresso IDE v10.0.0, but is something considered for a next update. What I'm doing is to create a 'full' project on the side and then I can copy files over from the drivers folder.

I hope this helps,

Erich

View solution in original post

6 Replies
danielcoleman
Contributor II

Also found this topic when trying to add SDK drivers to an active Project.

After a bit of fiddling I found a solution:

1. Right click on project in Project Explorer
  2. Select Import
  3. Under the General tab select File System
  4. New window will pop up with 'From directory' input box, select browse
  5. Browse to the folder containing the driver files (I had placed mine in the projects driver folder already)
  6. After selecting the source folder you'll get a set of check/select box options for all valid source/header files, check the ones you need
  7. Click finish

You might need to move them inside the Project Explorer tab to the correct directory (\drivers), you can do this by right clicking on the file and selecting move.

Using MCUXpresso 10.0.2 build 411

Regards,

Daniel

marcellocampani
Contributor II

After a first disappointing, I'm creating my projects with all features enabled and I eventually remove the unused components. I create the needed example projects to add middleware components. This method is simple and eventually you have a whole project with all the needed files in your project folder which is easier to mantain in respect with the KDS's SDK.

The project properties/setting panel is more user friendly in MCUXpresso in comparison with KDS's and on the whole now I'm feeling good using it.

0 Kudos
marcellocampani
Contributor II

Things get more complicated when trying to add/customize examples involving middleware. In this case you must create a project for each feature that you want to add to jour project.

In my case I can achieve my goal by the creation of three extra projects. For now I'm still using KDS, waiting for the next MCUXpresso update...

0 Kudos
chadwingrave
Contributor I

I too came here to look for this. The Wizard allows for the addition of components (which create files in the drivers directory) but I haven't seen anyway to add/remove components after the creation of the project. In the meantime, I will look at the source of the files (i.e. expand the component and click on the files) and create those files in my drivers directory. Bummer there isn't some simpler approach.

Screen Shot 2017-04-10 at 9.35.01 AM.png

BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Chad,

adding/removing components after project creation is not possible in the current version/release of MCUXpresso IDE v10.0.0, but is something considered for a next update. What I'm doing is to create a 'full' project on the side and then I can copy files over from the drivers folder.

I hope this helps,

Erich

paral_jarek
Contributor I

There is already a solution: How to add drivers to MCUexpresso 

0 Kudos