Can I get sensor value from rapid iot prototyping kit to Arduino Uno via Bluetooth

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I get sensor value from rapid iot prototyping kit to Arduino Uno via Bluetooth

ayushman_2004_a
Contributor I

I want to know if I get sensor value from rapid iot prototyping kit to Arduino Uno via Bluetooth

2 Replies

frq05186
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

Sure you can get data from Rapid IoT to Arduino over bluetooth. High level steps:

• You will need a BLE module connected to your Arduino (many shields existing) 
  • Your receiving  Arduino Uno must be programmed as a 'master' to first list available BLE devices
  • Then Arduino connects to the rapid IoT (using a pin code or not, at your convenience)
  • Check the list of services and characteristics published by Rapid IoT and extract the ones you need.

If you would use the OOB application on Rapid IoT kit all the sensor data is already available over BLE, but you may want to custom your app according to yout needs.

In Rapid IoT studio there is also a very simple example project to control the Rapid IoT kit led over BLE. It is meant to be controlled by phone app, but you could very well control it via your Arduino board.

Regarding Arduino programming and available shield, I advise to look on Arduino site or Hackster.io for example.

0 Kudos

miduo
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

Does this post make sense: https://community.nxp.com/message/1046010 

0 Kudos