Failed to compile dtb - syntax error

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Failed to compile dtb - syntax error

vladzouth
Contributor II

Hi, i'am newbie for manipulating dtb and i would like to implemente the max98357a codec using simple audio card like i.MX6 and MA98357a with simple-audio-card . But i encounter some issue during dtb compilation. I have the following error:

/kernel-source/arch/arm/boot/dts/imx6qdl-tx6.dtsi:359.28-29 syntax error
| FATAL ERROR: Unable to parse input tree

I'am not sure if there is just a syntax error. Indeed, the way i have placed some node (codec audmux sound)  is maybe false. 

Could anyone give me some advice about this issue. I attached my dts files.

Thank you in advance!

Vladzouth

Labels (4)
2 Replies

jamesbone
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Souleymane,

You are going to have an error in the Device Tree binding,  you can take a look at the specific meaning of the device tree binding can be checked up in binding doc located in Documentation/devicetree/bindings/sound/.

Have a great day,
TIC

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

vladzouth
Contributor II

Hello Jamesbone,

Thanks you for pointing me the right thing for my issue. I figured out what was wrong. In fact i had to include fsl-imx-audmux which contains some defines.

0 Kudos